3. Flight to Australia

"Kim Yeon. Wake up now. We don't wanna be late for our flight!" Her mother shouted as she opened the bedroom door and left it open on purpose. It is easy for her mother to monitor Kim Yeon that way.

Kim Yeon checked the time, and it was 6 in the morning. The flight to Australia was at 3 in the afternoon.

"We are not getting on board in the next 8 hours, mom. Relax."

"Have you done packing?"

"Yes, I did. Weeks ago. I've been prepared for this trip more than anybody else. Let me sleep for another hour."

Her mom left her room and started doing her morning routine. Mr. Kim already went out for jogging, and he will be back around 7 and a half for breakfast. In the meantime, Kim Yeon returns to her deep slumber, ignoring the noises of her mom steps, the neighbours' cats fighting, and the speaking parrot who only knows curse words.

It's 10 in the morning. The Kim family is all set to catch their flight.

"You got your passport, hun?" Kim Yeon nodded as she found it in her bag.

"Please, double-check everything. I don't wish for any U-turn or useless apology. Have you locked the door, hun?" The mother referred to her husband as he locked the door and opened the CCTV app in his phone, ensuring the house is under 24-hour security.

"Yup, I've informed our neighbours, they will help to look after the house. Now we are all set."

"Alright. Let's go."

Kim Yeon was the last person to hop into the car when she heard the neighbours' parrot talking, "Goodbye, motherfucker."

She squints her eyes towards the neon green bird before returning the goodbye.

"See ya, motherfucker!" She waved.

The early ETA was at 1045, which had become 11 due to heavy traffic. Now suddenly, everyone is going on a trip, huh?
It's not even a semester break for the schools to cause these so many cars on the road. Usually not when it's the semester break for college students.

They arrived at the airport at 11. Now her father needs to find a parking spot in which seems to be impossible with the amount of black Toyota filling the nearest parking from the main gate.

"Oh dear, which group is this, Kim Yeon?" Her father asked, counting 7 Toyotas taking all the paid parking spots.

"Dad, I'm literally in this car, and we just arrived. " How in the world is she supposed to know.

"You know, I've seen it on TikTok. These Toyota definitely belong to a company of idol group."

"Was it NCT?" Her mom guessed.

"Like 7 Toyotas gonna fit all of the members— There! That silver Honda is leaving!" Kim Yeon pointed to the front shield.

Her dad took the spot before any car did.

Settled with the parking and payment, they decided to have lunch at the airport before taking off.

Kim Yeon is not that hungry. She ordered a cheeseburger for herself while her parents preferred a whole set of korean meals.

"Are you saying that Sung Ryu is coming too?" Her mom asked in disbelief. Still his boyfriend number 1 hater since day 1.

"Yeah, Koo San said I can bring a partner, and he is missing one of his groomsmen. He SUGGESTED bringing my boyfriend."

Strong on the word 'suggested' to prove this was not her idea, but the groom himself. He had the authority to invite whoever he wanted. Who are we to say a word on that?

"Are you listening to our daughter right now?" She asked her husband, who just wanted to enjoy the meals. Wonder why airport foods taste different, which makes him unable to stop eating. However, he is disrupted by his wife glare, and she is expecting a response from him.

"Well, you heard her. Ryu is invited, too."

Kim Yeon smiled triumphantly, knowing that her dad was taking her side.

"Mom, he will behave. I promise."

"That's not my worries at all. I am just scared of  your aunts, uncles, cousins, all of the people who gonna attend the wedding, judgemental views on his appearance."

"I'm gonna be in charge for his appearance. As long as he is under my supervision, he will look decent in the eyes of our relatives. I even got tattoo patch packed."

The tattoo patch is a successful weapon of convinced. Though Kim Yeon may have lied about the 'packed' part. She was thinking of covering them tattoo with concealer instead. Not in the tattoo patch world could cover Sung Ryu whole arms tattoo. Neither in the concealer world, too, as she doesn't want to waste the small tube of her precious liquid that cost her a fortune on Ryu's arms.

In her visions, she wanted them to accept Ryu just the way he is. Defining people just by their appearance is belong to the low mentality class of people. Sadly, her mom and some of her relatives belong there.

"Finish your meals, dear. We're gonna be on board soon." Her father coaxed.

The Kim Family gets on board at the exact estimated time written in their ticket.

They all sit together in three, dad choose the aisle, mom in the middle and Yeon got her window seat.

"Kim Yeon, didn't you say Ra Eun's brother is a stewardess?" Her mom asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"I wonder if he's among the cabin crew for this flight."

"And why are you wondering?"

"I would like to see him in his uniform. Mrs. Ra is such a lucky mother. Both of her children are smart and good-looking."

As if he was being summoned, Ra Eun's brother is standing on the aisle about to give instructions on how to put on the seat belt.

"There he is! Omo! Look at Ra Won, looking smart and classy! Why  wouldn't you find a guy like him?"

Kim Yeon gave a hopeless stare to her mother. If she knows the fact that Ra Eun's brother is gay, she would probably fainted and brushed her tongue harder for praising him. But Yeon is not to destroy the image of her best friend's brother in front of her mother, and she wouldn't want her mother to look at Ra Won in a different way.

"Hell no. I am not dating my friend's siblings." She responded.

The flight to Australia was long. They had a good nap, and Kim Yeon's enjoyed the  snacks the most. Food tastes different in the air indeed.