DB Chapter 13 - Taken by Ayato

Misaki felt the thud of footsteps jolt her as she was carried in someone's arms, too exhausted to care who it was. Drained of blood and aching, she briefly saw she was being taken into the Sakamaki mansion but lacked the energy to resist. All she wanted was to sleep and forget her predicament.

Falling back asleep, she felt herself placed on a soft bed, curled up, and let herself finally rest. Someone gently pulled the covers over her and petted her hair, lulling her into deep sleep. It was a dreamless, peaceful slumber that allowed her to fully recharge. When she briefly woke to see light through the curtains, she chose to sleep longer, finding comfort in a pillow.

Upon waking again, it was dark, and she felt a cool hand on her shoulder. A soft female voice called her name, and she saw two odd-looking maids standing by the bed. Recognizing them from her previous escape attempt, she noted their traditional maid uniforms, contrasting green and purple bobbed hair, and mirrored eyepatches.

    "Miss Komori?" the maid with deep purple hair called out in an almost melancholy tone, "It's time... to wake up!" she said sounded forlorn with a tilted head and staring gaze.

    "You have been asleep all day!" the maid with dark green hair said sounding irritated, "Tch! Time to get up, Miss Komori!" she said as though perturbed by her laziness, her gaze judgemental.

    "Hmm? Um. What time is it?" Misaki asked disoriented, "Where am I? Who are you?" she said, glancing to the maids blearily, rubbing her eyes, she then looked down at herself seeing she was wearing a pretty nightdress alarmingly, meaning someone had undressed her when she was asleep, "Why am I wearing this?"

    "You are at... the Sakamaki residence" the maid with purple hair said in creepy slow voice, "I am... Yami and she is Akui. We are... sisters serving the Sakamaki family and... Master Sakamaki himself. We have been... commanded to serve you... today" Yami replied in a dreamy manner.

Misaki blinked at the two maids with a frown, realising the one with purple hair and lilting voice, her name, Yami, meant Darkness, which was disconcerting. The other stern sister with green hair, had a name, Akui, which meant Malice, worryingly. Wondering why they both had eye patches distracted her for a moment.

     "You have been asleep for half the day and it is now seven o'clock in the evening!" The maid, Akui, with green hair snapped, "We have brought your Breakfast" Akui revealed a table and chair behind them with a silver tray laden with food and drink, "It is a cold selection of blood enriching foods, oily fish, fruits and berries, nuts and walnuts and can wait if you are not ready yet to eat"

     "Huh? Breakfast? At seven o'clock at night?" Misaki asked confused, wiping away the sleep, her mind taking a moment to properly wake up and process everything.

Misaki sat up in her bed suddenly with a sharp inhale, startling the maid. Looking around the room with dismay, realising she was right back where she had started, in the lavish blue room in the Sakamaki residence. Groaning, Misaki knew she was back at square one, her attempt to escape had been futile. The reason breakfast was being served at such a strange time at night, was because vampires would be getting up at this time, just as humans would twelve hours earlier. Realising that the food chosen for her was to make her blood more tasty for a vampire made her shudder. Full recollection returned to her as she recalled all the sordid details of her experience with Laito in the forest, a shudder of realisation ran through her. The maid looked curiously at her reaction as Misaki covered her face with both hands feeling red hot shame flush her face.

     "Miss Komori? We have taken the liberty... of drawing you a bath under the Master's instructions" the maid Yami, with deep purple hair and sleepy sounding voice continued, "If you... would like to follow us please?"