9. Blue Velvet

Veneer POV:

Kid Ritz and Rollie talk for a second; then, Rollie leaves to the back of the plane.

Kid Ritz: "You feel like sleeping?"

I nod, feeling very tired now that we've made it aboard. I didn't sleep all night out of fear of missing my flight, even though it wasn't for later in the day, so I'm tired. Kid Ritz holds his arms out for me, and I let him hold me.

I decide to be brave and sit on his lap with my feet resting on the chair beside him. I wrap my arm around his neck to lay my head down, sighing as he rests his hand on my hip. He rubs in gentle circles, making me feel relaxed.

I take in a deep breath, enjoying the warm, smoky scent hung on him.

Kid Ritz: "Get some rest, doll."

Ven: "Yes, sir."

I drift off, feeling safe in his company. Eventually, I wake, finding the plane to be dark. I shift a little, waking Kid Ritz.

Kid Ritz: "Did you get good sleep?"

Ven: "Yes, sir. I haven't felt this relaxed in a while."

It's true; my body feels incredibly calm and happy.

Kid Ritz: "That's good to hear, sweetheart."

My heart flutters at the name. We... haven't talked things over, but... I think we can safely say we like each other. To test things out, I tilt my head and kiss at the edge of his jaw. He lets me, his hand starting to rub again at my hip.

I kiss his neck lightly before I lay my head back down. I feel as he kisses the top of my head, making me smile. We relax until the plane touches down, and I get off his lap. We leave the plane to find a car waiting for us. Justin holds the door open for us and climbs in after Fred and Rollie, who look tired.

The ride to the hotel is quiet, yet not in a bad way. I admire the sights of Vacay Island, loving the beautiful beaches and small shops. The car is driven to a giant sand castle, the hotel where we're staying for the first show of fashion week.

We check in and get to our rooms, where I'm amazed as I look to the balcony waiting for us. I'm sharing a room with Kid Ritz and Fred with Rollie. They're in the room across from us, and Justin is in the room next to theirs. Apart from that, I have no idea which other models and agents are on our floor.

I do know they are all staying here as it's the only hotel, so there's a big chance we'll run into some of them. Hopefully, it'd be Carlos and Midori or RIVAL.

As I unpack my clothes, I sneak from the corner of my eye as Kid Ritz unbuttons his shirt, leaving him just in his pants. I focus back on the closet as he goes behind me to the bathroom. He kisses my shoulder before he walks in, making me smile.

I hear the shower start as I unpack, creating soft background noise for while I work. I take the time to plug in the iron and press each of the clothes I packed, getting halfway done once Kid Ritz is out of the shower.

I look up and hear the door open, seeing him walk out in just a towel. I feel myself blush as I look down at the iron. I feel like a teenager, getting flustered over seeing him in a towel. I can't help myself that I'm somewhat shy in expressing how he makes me feel.

He enters the bathroom again, returning with shorts and a T-shirt on. It's fun to see him in regular clothes instead of the fancy ones he always wears.

Kid Ritz: "Would you like me to finish for you while you shower?"

Ven: "Are you sure? You don't have to."