22: Fathers day at a lakehouse

We're way past Father's Day and close to July 4.

Victoria's POV:

"So what are you doing for Father's Day, Aqua?" "Oh we're gonna go to the beach," she said. "You always go to the beach," Lily said. "Well you and Amy always go camping." "Ladies you're not asking the important question," Sera said, "Victoria, what are you doing this Father's Day?" "Oh dad has a lakeside house, so we're spending the weekend there, I'm actually already packed," I said. "That to me sounds like peace and tranquility," Lily said. "Or a horror movie," Audrey said, "if you need me, I'll be at the movies."

🦇Friday is over🦇

"I'll send you guys pictures," I said. Hopefully I get reception. "You ready to head to the lake house?" Dad ask. "Did you put my luggage in the trunk?" "Even better in the backseat," he said. "Don't worry I put mine there as well." Then what's in the back?" I ask. A cooler with your wine.

🦇at the house🦇

When he said we were just stopping at the mansion to drop my backpack, I grabbed my charger. "Hey dad this outfit ok?" "Yeah, that's the second one you bought when we went shopping right?" "Right, surprise you remember," I said. When we got to the house, Bruce forgot to mention one thing . . . It was modern. "Oh my god." "Watch your steps down onto the patio," he said. A front door patio with stairs onto another on top of the lake. Inside the living room, to the left a area with TVs . . . Then the bedroom? "What the?" The bathroom, and then the last turn led to the kitchen where he was putting my wine away. "This is the whole house?" "Yeah, just a simple but modern, lakeside house." ". . . I need to look around again," I said.

Bruce's POV:

I got a call from Alfred.
"So does she like the house?"
"Well she's looking around it again."
"I'm sure she can handle it for two days, Master Wayne."
And then he hung up. When Victoria got back to the kitchen, all she could say was, "Can we go outside." "Sure." I took her out, and down the steps to the patio on the lake. Victoria looks around, and a small smile starts to form on her face. "This place is awesome!" It echoes and she giggles. "It looks nice and cozy in there." "Well it's nice and cozy meets modern, and its just you and me till Sunday," I said. "Really . . . Well if you'll excuse me, I'll be in the pantry." She went back inside, it's full, I had Alfred make sure of that.

🦇little time skip🦇

Victoria's POV:

I've unpacked, had some chips by the lake, and yet I'm still hungry. "Dad, what's for dinner?" Bruce looks in the fridge, then he pulls out a chicken and a salad. "I'll defrost and cook the check, while you make a salad," he said. "Alright then." We were doing a good job . . . Till I found tortillas in the pantry. "Bruce, I've got an idea." After some spices and ranch sauce, we had a chicken burrito with a side salad, and some simple water for dinner. "I am stuuuuufd," I said. "Well then I'll wash the dishes while you shower," dad said. "AAlright first dibs at the shower," I said moving fast.

🦇time skip🦇

I was outside looking up at the stars when . . . "Mind some company?" Bruce is out with two pillows and a blanket. "Hand me the blanket," I say. I put it down, Bruce drops the pillows, now it a father and his daughter enjoying the view of the stars. "It really is peaceful out here dad." Well when you're surrounded by trees and a million dollar security system, it can get quiet," he said. "Hey look at that star, dad." "What you mean that big one." "Dad, that's the moon," I said. "I know, I was just teasing you."

🦇bedtime🦇

I was in the mood for wine before bed, then dad told me to make sure I brushed my teeth and fangs good. "I will if you find a way to close those two windows next to that chair," I said. Somewhere he pushed a button, and they closed. After I brushed my teeth I jumped into bed, ohhh this bed is nice, almost better then mine. "Goodnight dad." "Goodnight my little bat."