Distant pt2 (V.C)

Third person

It had been months since Vada and Y/N had parted ways, each retreating into their own corners of pain and healing. Y/N had thrown herself into her studies and extracurriculars, trying to fill the void that Vada's absence had left. She avoided places she knew Vada frequented, unable to bear the sight of her ex-girlfriend and the memories that came with it.

Vada, on the other hand, had taken a different path. She drifted through her days at school, her thoughts always clouded by the shooting and the subsequent breakup. Nights were the worst; they were filled with restless dreams and a longing that she tried to drown in the occasional drink.

One Friday night, Vada found herself at a friend's party, nursing a drink that turned into two, then three. As the alcohol loosened her inhibitions, thoughts of Y/N surged to the forefront of her mind. She missed her more than she could admit to anyone else, more than she could admit to herself when sober. Without thinking, Vada grabbed her jacket and stumbled out the door, her mind set on seeing Y/N.

Y/N was sitting in her room, textbooks spread out on her desk, but her mind was miles away. She often found herself thinking about Vada, wondering how she was doing, if she was healing. A knock on the front door pulled her out of her thoughts. She hesitated for a moment before heading downstairs to answer it.

When she opened the door, she found Vada standing there, looking disheveled and slightly tipsy. The sight of her ex-girlfriend took Y/N's breath away, a mixture of emotions crashing over her.

"Vada, what are you doing here?" Y/N asked, her voice a mix of surprise and concern.

Vada swayed slightly, a sad smile playing on her lips. "I needed to see you, Y/N. I couldn't stand it anymore."

Y/N stepped aside to let her in, closing the door softly behind them. "You're drunk, Vada. Let's get you some water."

She led Vada to the kitchen, filling a glass with water and handing it to her. Vada took a sip, her eyes never leaving Y/N's face. "I've missed you so much," she said, her voice raw with emotion.

Y/N looked down, her heart aching at the sight of Vada's vulnerability. "I've missed you too," she admitted softly. "But you needed space, and I needed to respect that."

Vada set the glass down, taking a shaky breath. "I thought I needed space, but all I've done is miss you. I've been trying to forget, but I can't. I can't forget you."

Y/N felt tears welling up in her eyes. "I thought you didn't want to see me anymore. I thought I was just a reminder of everything that happened."

Vada stepped closer, her voice trembling. "You're not just a reminder. You're everything I need, Y/N. I was so scared and hurt, I pushed you away when I should've held on tighter."

Y/N shook her head, tears streaming down her face. "We were both hurting, Vada. It wasn't just you. But I don't know if we can go back to how things were."

Vada reached out, gently taking Y/N's hand. "I don't want to go back. I want to move forward, with you. I know I've made mistakes, but I'm willing to try, if you are."

Y/N looked into Vada's eyes, seeing the sincerity and the pain reflected there. She wanted to believe in a future together, but the wounds were still fresh. "I don't know, Vada. I need time. We both do."

Vada nodded, a tear slipping down her cheek. "I understand. I just needed you to know how I feel. That I still love you, and I'm here, whenever you're ready."

Y/N squeezed her hand, a small, sad smile forming on her lips. "I still love you too, Vada. But we need to heal first. Maybe one day we can find our way back to each other."

Vada nodded again, pulling Y/N into a gentle hug. "I'll be waiting, no matter how long it takes."

They stood there, wrapped in each other's arms, both knowing that their path to healing was far from over. The night had brought them a step closer, but there were still miles to go before they could truly be together again. For now, they would have to take solace in the knowledge that their love, though fractured, still endured.