Chapter 17

The five of them walked beneath the watchful eyes of two circling crows. "What should we do about the auction?" Sasori asked, accepting his cloak from Tamayo.

"Nothing," Iguro replied, taking his haori from Yushiro, who shot him an annoyed glance.

"Are you sure that's wise?" Sasori pressed. Iguro nodded. "The Corps can't directly intervene in the auction itself. Our focus should be on preventing future incidents like this."

"Wait, you're not going to take action against the auction?" the blacksmith interjected.

"The best we can do is notify the authorities," Iguro stated firmly. "Regardless, what are you two still doing here?" he asked.

"We... require financial assistance," Tamayo admitted.

"You need money?" Iguro clarified.

"That's what Lady Tamayo said, dumbass!" Yushiro snapped, his tone filled with venom.

Iguro sighed, already weary of the two demons he couldn't kill. "Here," he said, tossing them two coins. Each coin bore the name 'Obanai Iguro' on one side and '500,000 yen' on the other.

"Go to any bank with a sun-rising symbol on the wall, and they will give you 500,000 yen for each coin," Iguro explained.

"What kind of money system is this?" Sasori asked. "How does one coin equal 500,000 yen?"

"It's to make carrying money easier. Are you saying you've been carrying all your money around?" Iguro asked incredulously.

"Yes," Sasori replied.

"How!?" Iguro exclaimed. "You know what, I don't care. You two, get lost," he said, pointing at Tamayo and Yushiro.

Turning to the blacksmith, Iguro said, "You're coming with me." Finally, he pointed at Sasori. "And you, do whatever you do."

With that, Iguro walked off with the blacksmith, leaving Sasori behind.

Aki, a sleek crow, landed on Sasori's shoulder. "You want a new mission? Or are you going to take a break?" the crow cawed.

"I'll take another mission. I still need to test out my new poison," Sasori replied a glint of excitement in his eyes.

Aki nodded. "There's a sighting of a high-ranking demon in the western district. It's causing quite a bit of trouble. Might be a good opportunity for you."

Sasori's lips curled into a smirk. "Perfect. I'll head there immediately." He glanced back at Tamayo and Yushiro, who were still staring at the coins Iguro had given them. "Try not to get yourselves killed," he muttered before turning on his heel and heading towards the western district.

As he walked, the streets grew quieter as he approached the western district. The atmosphere was tense, the usual bustling crowds having disappeared, replaced by an eerie silence. Sasori knew he was getting close.

He stopped at a crossroads, his eyes scanning the surroundings. Aki took off from his shoulder, flying ahead to scout. Moments later, the crow returned, circling above a dilapidated building.

Sasori followed Aki's lead, making his way to the building. As he got closer, he could sense the demon's presence, a dark aura emanating from within. He stepped inside, the floorboards creaking under his weight.

Two men lunged at Sasori from either side, but he easily dodged the attack by stepping back, causing the two men to crash into each other face-first. They stumbled, disoriented, and Sasori took advantage, grabbing the backs of their heads and smashing them together again, knocking them unconscious.