➶ moonflowers. [ kamunami ]

. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁˖ . ݁. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁˖ . ݁ 

izuru kamukura x chiaki nanami 

866 words

TW: mentions of death 

angst. 

despair arc au 

(THEY ARE 17 IN THIS.. well chiaki was 17) 

. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁˖ . ݁. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁˖ . ݁ 

(( izuru's pov )) 

It was silent. There was only me, sitting at a field of moonflowers late at night. The full moon was a beautiful, bright sight as it shined down on me. Even, close groups of moonflowers were all around me. The field was pretty big. 

Thoughts of Chiaki filled my mind, I couldn't stop thinking about her. Which was why I was currently in a field of moonflowers- they made me think of her. The sweet scent.. reminded me of Chiaki. Why.. why did she have to go? The closest person in my life.. gone. Nobody can ever replace her. Nobody. Not even if they tried. Every night I dreamed about her. I was getting so attached to her, and then she gets pulled out of my life. 

I peered down at the moonflowers I was sitting around and picked up one of them from the lower part of the stem and took a deep breath, admiring the flower. Carefully, I gently grabbed one of the five petals and plucked it out. 

"One, for the games we used to always play. I loved how she would always help me if I got stuck on a certain level. Now the only level I'm on is despair. Her favorite game was Gala Omega. Oh.. how'd I miss that innocent look on her face when she'd complete a level. I still have that game on my switch that she bought me and play it every night when I think about her. It wasn't a healthy routine since my eyes would always be baggy and sore the next day. So tonight, instead of playing, I came here that'll hopefully be better. I still imagine her next to me as I play through each level on my bed." 

Tears pricked my eyes at the end of that sentence. I was a quiet person. Though talking about Chiaki, I wasn't. I'd always find something positive to say about her. I let that petal I was holding gently fall to the ground and plucked out another. 

"Two, for the times she'd always be kind to me even though I was cold and emotionless. I sometimes think how such a kind person like her could show friendliness to me. She deserved someone better, yet she still picked me. Why was she so goddamn sweet? I wanted the answer to that question, but now I'll never know. I remember when she would always listen to me when I make small vents or rants. I have nobody to do that to anymore. Even though how hard I thought, I couldn't think of a single moment where she was rude to me. Never. That just explains what an amazing person she was. It's like she doesn't judge people at all, and looking through them for their inner feelings instead." 

I sigh and let that petal fall to the ground aswell, not too far from the first one. Then I plucked the third petal. 

"Three, for the moments we had together. She'd always ask me to go hang out with her, and I appreciate that. Her list of places to go never seemed to end. And then she would always ask if I was okay with it. I remember that line very well..: 'Hinata-kun.. are you alright with this place? You could always tell me if not.' God, I missed how caring she was. The good part is that every place she picks are amazing. She was someone that actually matched my taste. Like a same person, different font. I wish she was here right now."  

Again, I let that petal float to the ground and plucked the fourth petal. 

"Four, for all the times she comforted me. Her hugs and words of comfort were addicting.. if only I could feel that again for the very last time. The way she talked soothed my heart in every way possible. I probably would've gotten depression very sooner if she wasn't in my life. It doesn't matter if she comforted me via calling, texting, etcetera. She always makes my heart flutter. It's a guarantee that I'll feel better after talking to her. Her physical contact was warm too. They felt so relaxing."

The fourth petal floated to the ground and then plucked out the fifth and last petal.

"Five, for herself entirely. I'm so grateful to have a wonderful best friend like her, even if it was for a short time. She really made my life better in many, many ways. The way she talked to me was sweet. It's like I met the person I've needed in all my years. Absolutely wonderful."

Finally, I let the last petal fall to the ground and looked up at the shining moon.

"I miss you Chiaki."

. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁˖ . ݁. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁˖ . ݁ 

 ahahah them <33 

. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁˖ . ݁. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁˖ . ݁