STARTING OF SOMETHING

DIVYANKA'S POV

My sleep was abruptly disturbed by glass breaking and utensils falling. Ritika was sleeping next to me as she also stirred her eyes flutter as she woke up. The clock stuck 1 a.m. "Ruko...let me" [wait...let me] Ritika pulled out her gun from the drawer and walked towards the kitchen. As time passed the silence started killing me slowly, finally after a few minutes what felt like eternity she came back, her face showing clear signs of anger and her hand clutching a paper. And the next thing I know is I am going to stay in the office because a son of a bitch threatened to harm me to stop my sister from working on a case. I was sitting in the other room while the rest of the members of her team were inside the other room discussing the threat and where I should stay until they got the culprit. Sitting here all I pray that God... anyone but not Abhimaan.

ABHIMAAN'S POV

"Enough" my firm voice silencing everyone in the room. "Unless we get this fix no one is staying at your place Ritika am I clear" she nodded clearly scared as we all stared at the paper note on the table with 'you better stop unless you don't want your sister to suffer'. Varun broke the silence "but until then where will you both sister stay....I don't think the hotel will work" he looked at me with the same look he's been giving me after the little encounter in the training room. I was about to speak but he interrupted "I think I should take Div with me after all we are frien-".

"No" I cut him before he can even finish his sentence as I said gaining everyone's attention, I cleared my throat and calmed myself "I mean it is way too dangerous.....so I think--". "I think you should have Divyanka" Varun smirking and interrupted again. I swear to god if I can just strangle this man to death. "But why to trouble Sir" Ritika said and before she could say anything I said "It's fine she will stay with me" it wasn't a request it was a statement. "So now it's the final decision Divyanka will stay with the Chief and you Ritika.....you will stay with Sidharth"  this is the first time I felt proud of this Varun . Ritika didn't even have time to protest or speak, as Sidharth grabbed her wrist and took her away. I haven't seen Sidharth so serious about anything. My gaze on the girl sitting on the chair like a lost puppy, cute and innocent. "Don't give her a hard time and try not to be an ass to her" Varun patted my shoulder. "Varun I swear I-" before I could finish my words Varun called Divyanka and told her with whom she's going to stay, I could see her eyes widened a little and she gulped and..... wait....did she forget breathing?

From waking up in the early morning to coming back home late at night or sometimes I spend my nights in the office to work the whole night.... well a person with insomnia has its benefits. But from the last two days my routine got changed as now I go back to work  early not to my office but I work in my home office, I am eating three times a meal....home cooked meal is the keyword here. Even if I go out I return back in an hour and the reason for my changed routine is sitting in front of me having her lunch without a care in the world. She is so unaware of the fact that here presence does things to me, she doesn't know what she does to me. Well here I am sitting like a good man having lunch without complaining because this 5Foot 4inches human being scolded me to eat before the meal gets cold.

She looks at me "Aaj mai zyada Sundar lag rhi hoon?" [Am I looking more beautiful today?].  You look beautiful everyday I thought "Nahi" I replied. "Then stop staring at me" she huffed and focused on her food. I swear that damn pout on her face and those cheeky replies....God she is going to be the death of me. I cleared my throat to get her attention "I have to get something from the main office I will be out for sometime make sure to lock the doors properly".

It was 5pm I was checking the file to take back home. Varun and Rajveer were working on their table while Kiara was helping me in listing the files. That's when I got a call and the caller ID read 'sunshine'.....well I didn't have any other name to keep for her. I received the call "What happened?" I wasn't in the mood for hi hello or just say she always starts rambling her words without hi or hello.  "Come back soon, you said you will be back soon but it's almost 3 hours. Can't you just keep your words for once and do what you say and not what you want..." She was quite waiting for my response "I am just leavin-" when I heard a thud from the other end and her little wince and the call cut. I quickly left the office and did not even bother to take the file. The whole way back I kept calling her but her phone was switched off every single time, my mind ran with every possible thought. Did she get hurt? Did someone attack her? Did she fall? Yes that clumsy ass is capable of getting herself in any danger. I parked the car in crocked and toss the key to the guard. I rushed inside the house and I froze. Drapped in a beautiful red saree, sitting on the couch with her hands supporting her chin and she was starting at her damn phone which was connected to a power bank, her eyes glance on me when she heard my loud presence. Her eyes widened a little when she saw me suddenly, the way her lips parted Little and she got up, walking towards me. Damn this woman she is capable of taking my life and she is completely unaware of that.