30. Calm Before the Storm

"दिल तो टूटा मेरा भी था टूटा था तो तुम मिले आंखें मेरी नम थी गम सेनम थी, जब तुम मिले

टूटा था तो तुम मिले
आंखें मेरी नम थी गम से
नम थी, जब तुम मिले

चुप थी मेरे दिल की धड़कन
सहमी सी सासें लिए
सांस में अब सांस आई
सांसों को जब तुम मिले

ख्वाब मेरे बिखरे से थे
बिखरा हुआ था ये जहां
सिमट गई ये जिंदगी
जिंदगी को जब तुम मिले..

...shaira"

As I penned down these lines, I felt a different kind of sensation bubbling inside of me. A genuine smile appeared on my lips as I continuously read those lines while reminiscing about the events of the past day. I never could have thought that this day would come in my life where I would write for someone with so many feelings. This was the first time I was writing something for someone, and truth to told, it didn't take me a minute to ink it down; it was like these words were on the tip of my tongue, and as I held the pen, these words just automatically made their way on the pages.

I can still hear his words ringing in my head on repeat. His eyes, his words, his posture, and that hug—everything feels too real to be true. I still can't believe we shared such an intimate moment together, in the middle of nowhere, under the falling sky. It feels surreal, like a dream. Heat rose to my face as I remembered the way I hugged him. What did I just do? How could I do that? This was so unlike me.

"Aap achi lagne lagi hai mujhe Aarya.."

Those lines still have the power to send chills throughout my body. Goosebumps rose all over my body as I felt the effect of every freaking word he spoke. The words rolled off his lips with such ease, yet the sincerity and hope in his eyes erupted a bunch of butterflies in me. My heart started thumping in an erratic beat, thinking about everything that he said.

'The first time I laid eyes on you, you completely captivated me—body, mind, and soul.

You are the only one I have ever desired.

The mere thought of you being with another tears my heart to shreds.

One chance, please. That's what I'm asking for.

Do me the honor of being with you. Please.'

I placed my hand over my heart, trying to ease the rapid pace it had taken. Just thinking of his words make me this anxious, this out of control. I'm afraid of what will happen when I actually agree to it; when we actually start dating.

Woah, grumpy pants. Did you actually say the word 'Dating'? My my! I even knew I would witness this day.

You know there's something called 'privacy' and 'peace of mind'. Why do you always have to intervene?