C H A P T E R : T H I R T E E N

After spending much of the morning in the quiet park, the trio found themselves in an eating establishment, courtesy of the tall footballer

After spending much of the morning in the quiet park, the trio found themselves in an eating establishment, courtesy of the tall footballer. He'd initially suggested a more expensive restaurant but Aleyah, being who she was, obviously put her foot down and Jude, who didn't feel like arguing, went along easily, just happy their day together didn't have to be cut short.

"You like your food, August?" Jude inquired with an amusing grin as he watched the young boy get face-deep into his milkshake. The boy in question merely just nodded in response and continued to scoff down the food in front of him as though he hadn't eaten in months.

"Auggie, slow down or you'll get sick," Aleyah warned as she readied a napkin to clean up the boy's face. "And you have to say thank you to Jude, remember?" She held his chin in her hands and wiped away the mess he'd made.

"Sorry, Aye." August smiled sheepishly then turned to Jude once his sister was done with his face, "Thank you, Mr Jude. I like the food very much."

"You do? How much?" Jude smiled endearingly.

"Yes! Very much! I want to eat milkshakes forever!" August exclaimed with a vigorous nod.

"Really? Then I'll make sure to bring you a milkshake every time I see you."

"You promise?" The child's eyes widened in excitement.

"I pinky promise," Jude held out his finger and outstretched his hand across the table to interlock with the younger boy's one. Once the promise was solidified, August leaned back into his seat and went on with his meal. The footballer then turned his attention to Aleyah who had been watching their interaction with a fond smile that immediately grew in size once she met his eyes.

"What? Do I have something on my face?" He asked with a similar grin plastered on his face. Aleyah observed him for a second longer before silently shaking her head 'no'. She then returned her focus to her meal before her, letting a comfortable silence fill the atmosphere.

"You know we never really finished the game," Jude spoke after a while, catching her attention once more. August had long left the table after spotting the small play area in the corner so it was just the two of them once more.

"The game?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"Yeah," The boy nodded. "The questions, remember?"

"Oh, right, yeah." Aleyah realized. "It was my turn to ask, wasn't it?" The boy nodded in response. "Since we started doing a deep dive into each other's relationships, what's up with Maddison?" Jude then snorted as Aleyah frowned. "What's funny?"

"Just enjoying the fact that you're the jealous one now." He smiled cheekily.

"So you admit that you were jealous?" Aleyah copied his grin, her head tilting slightly in question.

"Yeah." Jude nodded.

"Oh." The cocky grin on her face melted into one of surprise. "I didn't expect you to admit that."