Twilight: The portal

Chapter 1

Twilight:The Portal

There I was, running at the speed of light. What was once a beautiful blue gown had now been stained with dirty water. I felt so heart broken, tears which continued to stream down my face didn't seem to end. I dashed out of the school hall as I heard everyone laughing hard at me, this was not how I had anticipated my first school dance to be like. My own friends had left me to join the cool kid's group, who even after a clear warning from the principal himself, still continued bullying me. I was too shy and timid to report them again but this was the limit. I just couldn't go back to that school after this horrible event. In my ridiculously broken high heels, I tried to hire a cab back home but there was no cab available at all. I then decided to take a shortcut back home. It was darker and scarier than I remembered. I kept my eyes wide open as I went through the dense forest. I could feel someone's presence but I wasn't sure who it was. I turned back to check for any danger, I expected to see my ex friends trying to follow me but what I actually saw was just a black cat making its way through the forest as well. "Who's there?!''I shouted expecting a reply. Feeling even more disturbed, I tried to continue walking but something inside me just wanted me to stop. It was getting really late so I decided to go back home.I turned around and then got the shock of my life, a cougar was stealthily walking right towards me! I froze, not knowing what to do. My whole body was trembling. Was this really it, was I going to die like this? No, never would I want to die like this, but what could I do, run? So many thoughts were running through my mind right now but I had no time to think. I had to run. I shifted my focus back to the cougar. As I watched it slowly pacing behind the tall trees, I decided to make a run for it. I ran as quickly as possible but high heels could only take me so far.
My feet got entangled by some exposed tree roots and I then fell face flat on the ground. I tried to untangle them but the roots were extremely thick and wouldn't even budge. The cougar was only a few seconds away from me! It ran quicker than any animal I had ever seen. My heart was now racing, I didn't know what to do but to continue trying to untangle the stubborn roots. I braced myself for impact as the cougar was now closer to me. I closed my eyes expecting to be striked by the incoming cougar but instead, I heard the sound of a battle. I curiously opened my eyes and saw the most weird thing ever. A 3 feet tall, Siberian tiger was in a heated battle with the cougar. The cougar tried to fight back but the tiger was too strong. By the time the cougar had made one strike, the ferocious beast had already weakened it by giving it three strikes from its large and sharp claws in a row! Even though the fight still continued, I had already predicted what would happen next so before the tiger came to me, I slipped my feet out of the high heels and ran for my life. I had soon made it through the forest and to my house. I stood at the door and rang the doorbell. My mother opened the door and was shocked when she saw the state I was in. I got inside and sat on the white couch as I tried to catch my breath. "What on earth is the meaning of this?", my mother asked with a confused look.

"I got attacked by a mountain lion today in the woods", I said as I grabbed the jug of water on the table in front of me.
"What!?", mother exclaimed as I gulped down the whole jug of water. I then wiped my mouth and said "Yes but I'm okay. Strangely, some large tiger came to my rescue, I think."
Just as I finished talking, we heard a loud banging on the door from the outside. I timidly approached the door with the jug still in my hands. My hands continued to tremble as I held the doorknob to open the door. "Open the freaking door!", someone shouted from outside. I'd recognize that voice from anywhere, was that Jake?! I opened the door and got the shock of my life. In front of me stood a badly injured Jake. "Jake!"I screamed loudly as Jake collapsed to the ground. "Bring him inside", mother said in a low voice. "What do you mean, mom, we have to take him to a doctor. He needs medical attention", I said, opposing my mother. I was seated on the lawn, with unconscious Jake's head lying on my lap as tears rolled down my face uncontrollably. "I said bring him inside Twilight!", mother said in a more aggressive tone but I stood my ground. She knew very well how stubborn I could be so she gave up the fight and tried to talk me into it instead. "Twilight. Just trust me, nothing's gonna happen to Jake", mother said as she put her hand on my shoulder. I then wiped my tears and nodded my head in agreement. I helped Jake up as mother helped me take him to his room upstairs.
Lying down on the bed, I looked at Jake with watery eyes. I felt like someone had dug a hole right through my heart.