Twilight: The dungeons

Chapter 3

Twilight:The dungeons

“Welcome to the canteen”, Rachel said as she opened the door to another large and spacious room. “It's one of the best places in the whole Academy”. “One of?”, I said with a confused look. “Yes, I'll show you the ‘best one’ later. Let's say after class, tomorrow” said Rachel as she jumped on top of a table. “What else is there, besides the canteen of course”, I said to Rachel. “Let's see”, she said as she jumped off the table. “I know. Follow me”, Rachel said as she pulled my hand. We ran out of the canteen with smiles on our faces. I didn't know where Rachel was taking me but when we reached there, my jaw dropped to the ground. Infront of me was a beautiful garden full of different kinds of flowers. From roses to daises and from sunflowers to violets, a variety of flowers were being grown by trolls. “Who are those coloured people?”, I said as I pointed towards two trolls performing some kind of spell which made the flowers around them grow. “Firstly those ‘coloured people’ are trolls. And secondly, aren't you supposed to know this”, Rachel replied. “About that. When I said my brother and I are new here, I meant it. Like literally, we are not from here. Not so long ago I lived amongst humans as one of them”, I said as I lowered my gaze. “Huh, It's ok. I'll help you fit in. No questions asked. Anyway, back to the trolls. Do you know what they're doing? Guess not. These trolls are the healers of the Netherbeasts. Trolls have a really strong connection with nature. They can use nature's powers against enemies during battle. Not only that, but trolls can also heal the injured and cast spells. It's a gift really”, Rachel said. “If you like this then I'm pretty sure you're gonna like our next destination”, said Rachel with smirk on her face. I didn't trust that mischievous look of her's but I had to follow her. if she said I was going to like it, I wanted to see what it was. I then followed her through the corridors and past many closed rooms until we reached a dark corner with lit up torches on each side. “What is this place?”, I asked as I looked up and down at the mysterious door. “It's the door to the dungeons. No student is allowed down here but I thought you might wanna see it”, said Rachel. “Ok”, I said as I stepped closer to the door. I could feel my head starting to hurt, with a voice echoing “Come to me Twilight, you have to. Help me!”.
“Ahhhhhhhh!”, I screamed out of pain as I collapsed to the ground. I didn't know what to think, or what that was. All I knew is that this was not what I had anticipated.
Waking up to find a tall pale man talking to Rachel, I started to wonder what had happened. Seeing as I was now awake, the pale man called in some short troll to come and check up on me. He then took Rachel outside of the room and closed the door. The troll then sat beside me and said “If you haven't found your powers yet, this shouldn't affect you negatively''. He then gave me some blue powder to inhale. After inhaling the powder, I looked at the door and surprisingly I could hear what the pale man and Rachel were talking about. “Ms Bailey, you know very well how dangerous it is to take students too close to the dungeons. Especially freshmen”, said the pale man. “Yes, Principal Vinsard. I know that very well “, Rachel said, sounding sarcastic. “I'll try not to do it again”.
“Don't try! You have to do it, otherwise I'll have to expel you”, the man said angrily. Even if I wasn't standing close to the man, I could still tell that he was enraged. After that heated argument between the principal and Rachel, I could feel the powder starting to take effect. I felt a bit lightheaded so I slowly closed my eyes and fell asleep.

“Twilight, Twilight”, said Jake as I woke up to find Michael and Rachel standing with their faces looking worried. Jake was seated next to me as he said “Twilight, Rachel told me everything that happened in the dungeons. Are you feeling alright?”. “Yes, I feel a lot better now.”, I replied as I rubbed the back of my head continuously. Stopping to look at Michael, whose gaze constantly fixed on me I said “When did you guys find out about this?”. “Rachel told us this morning. As soon as she left the healers’ room.”, Michael replied in a soft spoken manner. “Morning?! For how long have I been asleep?”, I asked as I got up from the bed like I had already healed up. “Twilight, it's now six o’clock. You've been asleep for more than eight hours”, Rachel replied. “Darn it!, I badly wanted to explore this place. Rachel, do you think you can take me sightseeing now?.”, I exclaimed. “I'm afraid not, Twilight. By seven o’clock, each and every student must be in their dormitories. If you're caught outside of your dorm after school hours, it's even a bit too rare to get detention. Most of the time they just expel rebellious students. So, no. Anyway, you need to get a good night's rest before tomorrow. As you know it's your first day.”, Rachel replied. “Oh, come on! Can this day get any worse?”, I said as I followed Rachel out of the room. I still felt like something was wrong with me, like I had just discovered a new side of myself. I didn't know what it was but it still bothered me. I wonder what made me faint in the dungeons? Maybe I was just out of breath, I thought to myself as I continued walking with Rachel to the girls’ dormitories.