Year 1.00: Teaser

📕

📕

Hey Kuma, I need to write down some thoughts, cause my head is a mess. I know Eomma and Halmeoni are depending on me, but things have changed, right? Appa's funeral is over. I mean, we're still in mourning. I've cried so much, I feel like I don't have any tears left. I'm not ready to move on, but I have to steel my mind. School starts in two months and I need to pull myself together. I can't keep breaking down at random places and times like I do now. No one would talk to me. Not like I'm expecting to make a ton of friends, but I don't want to start college off being ostracized. At least Jin will be there for a semester, so that's someone I can talk to when things get tough. I think I've chosen my major ... for Appa

"Yoongi-ah," Jin poked his head in the bedroom. Taking a step inside, he watched as his brother closed his journal and shoved it into a drawer. "You still write every day?"

"Not every day...especially lately, I've been busy helping Eomma. I try to write at least once a week, even if it's only jotting down ideas or possible lyrics."

Jin sat down on Yoongi's bed. "How are you doing? I know the past few months have been rough. I'm sorry I couldn't be here to help."

Looking at his feet, Yoongi spoke just above a whisper. "I know you had school. It's not like you being here would've changed anything."

"I'm sorry you had to go through all of that without Hyung's help." Jin stood up and pulled his younger brother into his arms and squeezed tighter when he felt Yoongi break down in sobs. "We're going to be ok. We'll get through this, just like we did when Halabeoji died."

The two held each other for several minutes until the door opened and their Eomma walked in. As soon as she saw her beloved sons crying, she broke down as well and joined the hug. Petting Yoongi's hair, she stifled a sob and said, "It's time for us to take Jin back to school. While we're there, we can meet with the registrar to see what we need to do to get you enrolled, Yoongi-ah."

The three pulled apart and Yoongi wiped the tears from his face. "Eomma, I've already taken care of it online."

"Oh? Did you decide on a major?"

"Yes, Eomma. I've decided on Philosophy."

The middle-aged woman gasped, more tears forming in her eyes. Jin looked surprised as he asked, "Like Appa?"

Yoongi nodded his head. "We talked about it many times while he was in the hospital. He thought it was a good basis for either going into business or law. While I don't know exactly what I want to do for a career, I thought it would be a good foundation for whatever I decide."

"I'm so proud of you Adeul." Yoongi's Eomma cupped a loving hand to his face. "Appa would also be proud."

"Thank you, Eomma," Yoongi bowed.

"I'll wait downstairs for you two." She squeezed Yoongi's arm once more before leaving the two brothers alone.

As soon as the door was shut, Jin turned a surprised look at his brother. "I thought you'd go into music. That's been your passion for a few years now."

"As Halmeoni tells me frequently, the likelihood of me finding a job in music is slim." Yoongi looked down as he shuffled his feet. "Besides, I feel like I should honor Appa's wish."

Jin's eyes narrowed into an expression of concern. "I'll support you, whatever you decide. I want you to be happy."

Yoongi chewed on his lip and nodded his head. He grabbed his phone from the desk and the two brothers walked downstairs.

"I can see about setting up a campus tour for you when it gets closer to next semester."

"I'd like that. Thanks Hyung."

📕

[Note: Kuma is Yoongi's journal. Though the cover is a meme, he uses that due to a past incident in high school where he got teased for having a Kumamon journal. In reality, Yoongi has loved Kumamon unironically since grade school]

[A/N - While this starts on a sad note, I wanted to give some background to Yoongi's character. This FF will be happy, sad, cringey, drunk, horny, educational, and everything in between as is fitting the college experience. Granted, I'm American and so come from that perspective so it might not be accurate to the college experience in Korea. During the character intro, I asked for suggestions for other idols to include. Minho and other Stray Kids will be added. I'll need both male and female characters to be friends, colleagues, rivals, crushes, and boyfriends/girlfriends. So if you have any more suggestions or requests for any of the aforementioned relationships with any of the main characters, please let me know.

As always, thanks for reading. Like the story and/or leave comments please. Love y'all! 😘]