Prologue

ANDRE BANKS

ANDRE BANKS

"Come on Dre, talk to someone! Make friends! Socialize! I won't have time to check on you anymore or force you to go outside. I'm going to get married, move into a big house out of the city, have kids, and start a new family, It won't be just you and me no more," Andrea, my big sister, explained as I only nodded in response, ignoring the painful ache in my chest.

But, I was here first before her stupid fiancé, Daniel.

Stupid Daniel.

"Drea, don't say it like that," Daniel interrupted putting a hand on my sister's shoulder, making me immediately feel guilty for mentally calling him stupid a second ago.

Daniel was a nice, understanding, charming, and cool guy. I should be glad that my sister was going to marry someone as calm and understanding as him since she was so blunt and hot-tempered like our dad.

But infuriated that he was taking the only friend and family I had, away from me.

Why do they have to move out of the city?

To a whole different state.

"I can't help it! If I don't be harsh like this then He's going to ignore every word I say," Andrea prompted making Daniel shake his head in disapproval.

"Look, Honey, butt out because I have been raising my baby brother 12 years strong I think I know how to talk to him," Drea barked before turning her attention back to me.

It's true, my big sister had taken care of me for 12 years after our parents had died in a horrible car crash accident when I was 12, and my sister was 21.

Years later, she had put her life on hold to be there for me.

Helping do my school work, and being there at every parent-teacher conference or school event.

Making sure that I had all the supplies I needed in life to make it.

She had never once put herself before me since our parents died.

And I'm honestly grateful to have a sister like her.

Truly, if I hadn't convinced her to date she wouldn't have met Daniel.

And if I hadn't given Daniel my blessing he wouldn't have proposed.

Damn, my big mouth.

But I am happy.

Happy for my sister's happiness.