Chapter 1

Words: 3044

Rated: R18

Warning: It contain explicit scenes that are not suitable for young readers.

*********

Her eyes are full of tears while she looks at her cousin lying on the hospital bed. According to the doctor, her cousin has a brain tumor, so as early as now, she needs to find a large amount of money for her surgery. According to the doctor as well, this is the only hope for her cousin. They need to remove the tumor from her brain as soon as possible.

Luce is a 26-year-old single woman who lives with her cousin, Maye. Maye is 25 years old, from her mother's side, and was recently diagnosed with a tumor on her brain.

They have been living together since Luce was 20 years old. Their parents died in a car accident while they were traveling to their distant family, and unfortunately, some drunk bastards hit their car, which ended their lives.

Since that age, Luce has been working nonstop from her flower shop alone while her cousin stays at the house. On the bright side, her flower shop is not far away from their house, so it's not hard to check on her cousin Maye from time to time.

In her flower shop, you can see and smell different flowers, which attracts many customers. Some of them took pity on her, and some are proud and amazed at how diligent a woman she is. 

Luce is also thankful to her neighbors because, if they have time, they are the ones who visit and check on her cousin instead. Although she cannot give them material things for taking care of them, she instead gives them flowers as a symbol of appreciation.

🔕

When Luce came home that night, her cousin was already asleep. She tiptoed inside her room and watched gently the rise and fall of her chest with her head lying peacefully on the pillow. She looks so innocent. Her heart seems to break into two after seeing her cousin Maye experience that kind of sickness. She doesn't deserve this. She unconsciously clenched her fist.

She wrapped May in her favorite pink blanket and murmured a sweet goodnight.

When she entered her room, she turned on the lights and made her way towards the shower. After being clean, she wears her night dress, and the moment her body hits the bed, she falls asleep quickly.

🌅

The rings of her alarm clock wake Luce from her deep slumber. She languidly stood up and fixed herself. Thanks goodness, there's no need for her to hurry since it's Saturday. During weekends, her flower shop is closed, as she would like to spend her time and take good care of her sick cousin. 

She's now in her favorite dress. Today, she will bring her cousin to a place where she can forget, even for a minute, about her sickness, have fun, and see a brand new place to visit. 

She walks outside, heading to Maye's room, but when she arrives there, it is empty. She looks around the corner, but she's not there either. Then a little noise was heard. It's coming from the kitchen. She immediately went there and saw her cousin frying a fish, yet it's so hilarious since she's using an umbrella to protect herself from being hurt by the splash of the hot oil.

She chuckled for a bit, and her cousin stopped for a minute and sighed.

"I know you are laughing cuz, you better stop it," she said, trying not to roll her eyes in annoyance.

"Haha. Sorry, Maye. I just can't help myself since you are using an umbrella to protect yourself," she said, trying not to laugh again.

"Let me," Luce offered kindly. Her cousin only sighs like she's defeated for some reason and lets her take over. Then she sits on the wooden chair nearby.

After a few minutes, the two of them help one another prepare their breakfast, and soon after, they feast on the dishes in front of them without complaining, although these dishes they are eating will be the same dishes they will prepare tomorrow. Still, Luce is grateful for the blessings that were given to them.

When they are done, Luce advises her cousin to wear something comfy because they will visit a place that they have not visited before. Because of this, her cousin is jumping with joy at the news and quickly going to her room to get ready.