Raising The Rainbow Flag

Contest #12; Does love win?
Word count: 229
__________

The autumn leaves scattered on the ground, dancing on the ground like little butterflies, creating the impression of liberty. It's not as it seems, they are dead, their lives dried out. They once belonged to a beautiful tree, which now doesn't need them anymore. It sent them away, powerless leaves, they died without their tree. The tree will grow another companions in spring.

It's just like with people, we are all a little broken, and that is often the reason we are sent away and replaced. We cannot live alone, we need to be mended. We are like flowers, we can be defined by one word, yet we are all different.

We don't all move in the direction of the wind, two flowers move against the wind, against the crowd. Together. They are the same species, but they love each other. The wind, the crowd changes it's direction, they are moving with the two flowers. They understand. The flowers entwine their leaves and say their "I do."

It's about love not species, not gender. Because in the end, our hearts are all the same. We have a choice to love anyone. And it is up to us who we choose. Our tree should like us for who we are, not for who we love. We are no longer dead leaves, we are germinating seeds. The journey of life begins.