Chapter 3: Boufuurin

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Previous Chapter:

"Oi hanhan! Look out!" Mari called out to Sakura.

Sakura then looked in front of him and was able to dodge the incoming hit just in time before it hit his head but it couldn't be said the same to his arm.. Due to that, he slightly lost his balance and backed into Kotoha while holding his right arm that got hit. Just before he was gonna get hit again, a man with spiky hair shielded him and took the hit.

"You a first year? You helped a ton by being here." Both Sakura and Mari were shocked by his entrance.

"Kotoha-chan." He called out which made the girl happy. "Please don't tell you-know-who that you were in danger."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mari's POV:

I watched as the spiky haired man took the hit for Hanhan guy. He was wearing the same uniform as him. I was a bit far from them so I couldn't hear what he was saying but judging by his uniform and how Kotoha smiled, it was enough for me to take it easy.

Spiky guy hold the bat and elbowed the man, leaving him unconscious.

"Hmph. Serves him right."

"You do understand what swinging something like this around here... will get you, right?!" Spiky guy shouted while he bent the bat  using his knee.

"Ho? Well ain't that interesting." I sat down, now amused and excited for what was gonna happen right in front of me. As he said those words, three more people wearing the same uniform showed up.

The stupid people who were cocky just a few minutes ago were now getting scared. Muttering here and there were heard. But what stuck the most was the word 'Fuurin'.

"Fuurin?" I thought as I suddenly remembered the passage that I read back at the entrance.

"Well then... I guess these people are the protectors of the town." I looked at them one by one and noticed at the left sleeve of their uniform, three of them have 3 stripes while the one with headphones on had 2 stripes. "Thinking about it now, didn't Hanhan guy have something like that as well?" I looked towards where he is and noticed that he had 1 stripe.

After my observation, those Fuurin guys started beating those idiots up. Just then, I heard screaming from every direction. I looked up and it was the citizens of the town. They were cheering for them. Kotoha went near and ask about my injury.

"Well that's new. Cheering for delinquents. You don't get to see that anywhere else." I didn't respond to her question and instead said that. Kotoha seems like amused by my comment.

"Back then, specifically two years ago, this town was unsafe with various teams and gang fight. The ones who changed it were the students of Fuurin High." She said while looking at the brawl that was happening.

"The first thing that they did was to put up a sign on the neighborhood's edge. I'm sure you may have seen it when you first went in here." She said looking at me.

"Yeah I saw that. Something about being purged or something." I responded, watching the the fight as well. "Heh~ they're pretty good. Though the enemies are pretty weak and all they have are numbers, I could tell that they're good at fighting"

"Anyone past this point!" The spiky guy started.

"That was originally used by Fuurin High itself. But the people of this town started to call them, Boufuurin."

"Those who causes pain, who brings destruction, who holds evil in their hearts!"

"These people who fight to protect the town."

"Will be purged by Boufuurin, without exception!"

"They are our wind-protective chime, the shield of this town, Wind Breaker." She finished talking. Looking proud as she watched them. Afterwards, she stood up and went to talk to Hanhan guy.

All the fighting and shouting was done. And in just a few seconds, all those townspeople came rushing down towards them. I tuned down my surroundings and suddenly thought of them. Watching them fight together made me reminded of 'those people' back at home. I was only brought back when I heard Sakura screaming.

I looked to my right only to see an old lady was standing near to Sakura trying to tend to his bruised arm while the idiot looks like he's having a constipation. Everyone soon became quiet. Surprised by the idiot's sudden outburst. Kotoha then went in front of him, took his arm and said something. I didn't really pay attention not until I saw a certain idiotic man holding a knife at the back of the crowd. I was gonna go after him but Hanhan beat me to it. Saying something along the lines of "Boufuurin being cool" or some shit and send a flying kick to his face.

I looked at Kotoha to see her smiling at him. Just then, someone crouched down to my level.

"Oh dear, it seems like you also got hurt. Are you okay? Here, let me patch it up for you." The old lady from earlier said and started working on my injury.

"Anyways, you were also awesome back then. Even though you're not from Fuurin, thanks for helping to protect the town as well." A man, seemingly around his 40s went up and said to me. They just smiled at me with pure adoration and thankfulness.

"I have had people thanked me for helping them but this... Is in a whole another level." I thought as I continued to stare at the old lady. Putting a smile on my face, I responded to them, "It was no problem. And besides, Kotoha was in danger so I just did what I thought was right." I smiled at them.

"Here, this should just do it." The old lady said. Finished tending to my injury.

"Ah... Thank you..." I thanked the old lady for her kindness.

Just then, spiky guy came up to me. I stood up and stared at him.

"Thanks for helping out as well. Though it would seems like you're not from around here." He said while scratching the back of his head.

"No biggie. And besides, miss little girly here was in trouble, I just helped her." I said while pointing at Kotoha with my thumb.

"Hiragi Toma." He stretched out his hand.

"Hirokawa Mari." I said and shook his hand.

"Then, Hirokawa-san, thank you for helping out and protecting the town, especially Kotoha-chan."

"It was a pleasure knowing being able to help." I responded while smiling.

The incident finished with Hiragi threatening the idiots to never do it again else they'll face the wrath of Boufuurin once more. The townspeople spread out and went back into doing their daily chores.

I also went my own way. Not before saying good bye to Kotoha and the old lady who helped me.