two.

You were skating and practicing your tricks on one side of the rink while Val was practicing hockey on the other side. The puck would occasionally slide onto your side of the rink. You would just slide it back to her.

The clock read 7:28am

"Hey, the team is probably coming in around 7:30 to change or whatever" Val stopped skating to look at you.

"Oh!" You just landed a trick and stopped to look at her as well. "I guess I'll be going now!"

"See you later Miss Flyer." Val said as you got off the rink.

Miss Flyer? Is that a new nickname that she gave? Your face felt hot as you walked away.

"See you Val!"

——————

"I wanna go for more of a pink type of vibe. Do you think this is nice?" You and your best friend Izzy were at the mall shopping for new outfits for figure skating shows. "I like the sleeves on this one but it looks more purple than pink. You see that? This one's perfect but the skirt just ruins it. What do you-"

You were staring off into a poster on the wall.

"Hey, what are you even staring at?" Izzy follows your eyes into the direction of a hockey poster.

'Can you qualify for the Firehawks? Visit our website down below!' The poster had a photo of the whole team.

"Oh- Yeah! What about your outfit?" You broke out of your state and turned to look at her. There's no point in trying to make it look like you weren't looking at the poster. She already saw.

"Don't tell me you're gonna move to hockey." Izzy says and nods her head over to the poster. Her face disappointed.

"What? No. I was just looking at someone I know that's all.." You trailed off to look at an outfit changing the subject. You grabbed it from the rack and held it up to Izzy. "This is nice, it has a cute flower!"

"You don't like flowers on your dresses." She took the outfit from your hand and put it back on the rack. "Stop trying to change the subject."

"Okay, fine." You sighed and looked at some of the pink dresses.

"So... who were you looking at?" Izzy looks at you with a smirk. "I understand if you were looking at Val. She's the hot captain of the team.

"I WASN'T looking at Val!" You burst out with furrowed eyebrows. "I in fact was looking at the clothes beside the poster."

"You said you were looking at someone you knew, now you're saying that you were looking at the clothes. This is a very disconnected excuse don't you think?" She puts her hands on her hips and looks at you. Teasing you about your excuses.

"I'm NOT saying excuses! Now let's look for a pink dress." You changed the subject once again. Your friend chuckled in defeat and continued to look for pink dresses.

——————

AUTHORS NOTE

Thank you for reading my story! There's not many Val fanfics because of the recent release of Inside Out 2. I want to make a good one for my friend to read. 🥰

For anyone worrying about my cat, she is holding up! My uncle is facing charges for animal cruelty because he knew that my cat was under the car but he still pulled out of the drive way anyways. He would always complain about her meowing in the night so I guess she had it coming? I'm still really sad about all of this because I lost my uncle and my best friend. She's in critical condition but we don't know if she'll make it or not. We're wishing that she'll be okay! (Sorry for the rant)

Anyway, I'll be updating later today!! Maybe in around 10-12 hours from now?

Stay safe lovelies! ❤️