five.

You and Izzy were at the mall once again. Izzy wanted some new jewelry so you two were at Pandora.

"Hey, do you think this would match my Pandora bracelet?" Izzy held out a cat charm.

"Yeah! It would look really cute!" You said as you eyed a hockey charm.

"Hey, you keep on looking at hockey stuff. Are you thinking of switching?" She pointed out.

"What? No! I will forever be a figure skater. Our careers are really good!" You said. You both were really well known figure skaters so why would you switch?

"Alright then. Wait... you know someone in hockey?" She asked which causes you to freeze and look at her. "You do, don't you?"

"Yes..." you admitted.

"OH MY GOODNESS!! WHO IS IT? Is it a guy?" Izzy asks.

"No... It's Val." You blurt out.

"Val? Do you have a crush on her? I mean she is really pretty." Izzy says.

"Yes, she is pretty. But, I don't like her like that! We're just friends." You say

"FRIENDS??? You know Val??" She questions. You forgot to tell her about Val.

"Oh yeah! I forgot to tell you. We became friends this past week." You say.

"And you didn't tell me or update me in the process? Wowwww."

"Okay, okay. Sorry. But anyway-" you then get cut off by a notification from your phone.

Ding!

You reach for your phone in your pocket and see the name 'Val' pop up. You then open up the messages.

———

Val
There's a new girl that just joined our team

You
Really? What's her name?

Val
Her names Riley
She just got accepted
You should meet her and the rest of the team

You
I don't knowww
That's kind of awkward 😭

Val
Don't worry!
Ill be there
When are you free?

You
Tomorrow I guess??

Val
I could meet you at the park?
If it's more comfortable for you
We could play games and stuff like that

You
Sure that would be great!
So I'll see you tomorrow at the park?
Would 2pm work

Val
Yep!
That would be great

———

"Sooo, who were you texting just now?" Izzy snapped you back into reality by questioning you. It is now that you realize a smile has been plastered on your face.

"Oh, I was just texting Val." You bluntly say.

"Val I see? You two are going to fall in love." Izzy teases.

"Izzy we are JUST FRIENDS. Now let's continue looking at those charms." You say as you looked at the hockey charm from the corner of your eye.

——————

AUTHORS NOTE

Thank you guys for over 1k reads on this story! I didn't think that it would get this far. It's also at #1 story for Inside out! I'm so happy that you guys are enjoying this story. This chapter was kind of a short one but I'll write more soon! I hope to frequently update.

Stay safe lovelies! ❤️