10. A DECADE

It was not as bad as it seemed but not perfect either...

They reunited after almost a decade with a turmoil of emotions inside them. A mixture of guilt, sadness, joy, vulnerability and confusion inside them.

With each minute passing the tension is thickening. Everyone knows that there are always two sides of a coin and yet nobody dares question the other side...

But just because they unsee it doesn't mean it doesn't exist...The darker side of the coin will flip to the light someday and leave the rest in pure darkness. the truth ought to be revealed, confrontations must be made, realizations shall be made, apologies might be accepted and may all of this bring the next best thing or the worst...

FLASHBACK

The evening air carried a sweet sent to it, a sign of a peaceful day. On a certain playground 4 kids were playing together rather happily. 3 boys and a girl, the youngest and the young girl playing with something that looked like a kitchen set. The other boy silently observing this while the eldest and the tallest admired the herbs around them.

As the peaceful minutes passed by a loud thud was heard from one of the houses. The four children looked up startled. The eldest instinctively moved towards his house, the other one following shortly behind him as the girl hesitantly carried the youngest in her arms and followed after the duo. They middle child carefully opened the door as A few adults came into view. A lady standing with tears in her eyes and a chair behind her fallen over, A Man supposedly her husband standing with his fists clenched and anger running in his eyes, another man stood in a distance observing the couple.

??: Baba...? The eldest fearfully whispered.

The adults realizing the presence of the kids shot them a look, all with different emotions. Sadness, Determination and pity.

??: My son Sumedh come inside baccha...

Sumedh the 12-year-old yet the eldest among the others stepped in front of his father carefully glancing at his mother worriedly before his father the man who he calls 'baba' kneeled in front of him placing a hand on his shoulder.

Mr. Mudgalkar: Sumedh, my dear I have to ask you something very important... I am moving away from here, very far away. Would you like to join me or stay here with your mother...?

Sumedh's eyes widened at the statement. he was not that young that he couldn't understand the silent meaning behind the words. His parents were separating... A feeling of dread washed over him he looked at his crying mother and them at his pleading father. It was not an easy decision to make numerous thoughts and possibilities running around his mind. 

He thought of how he would have to deal with the tortures of his father, how he would have to be his puppet, how he would slowly become the bait to attention, how he would be the one to tolerate the bitter words, how his childhood would be ruined under profession and perfection.

He thought of how he would have to take the charge of the house on behalf of his mother, how he would have to give her emotional support even though he would also seek it, how he would be dealing with a grieving mother and two confused younger siblings, how his childhood would be ruined under responsibilities and expectations.

He had come to the conclusion that his childhood and happiness would be compromised either way. He turned his head back to see his youngest brother crying silently slowly understanding the situation, his other brother watching the scene unfold with fear, his best friend nodding her head at him as if telling him to make the right choice. But there was no right choice, no matter what he does the monster of regret and guilt would be chasing him every day. He looked at his mother with sadness in her eyes. 

the choice was not between his father and his mother the choice was now between either spending the rest of his life emotionless or with too many unwilling emotions... He made up his mind.

I'll stay with you" father..."

Now I must say this might be my favorite chapter so far. { since you all don't share your opinion ill just share mine instead :) }

votes and comments will be appreciated.

THANK YOU!!