Suspicious

Sujin's pov :
6th July, 2024

I didn't bother calling the police as they never took it seriously before, so yeah. I guess I am getting stalked?

 I didn't have classes today, and was finally free. Finally, after like years. I had an urge to go to that café again. Just in case I run into that Jake guy again. I hate to admit this, but I was attracted to him. Okay, I just admitted it- But I just want to talk to him, you know? It wouldn't hurt. Besides his voice was as sweet as honey. It's nice listening to him speak even though I only heard him speak for like 3 minutes...? Anyways, I am going there.

I went to the café again, and I was right. He is here. Should I approach him? Or is that too desperate? Just as I was thinking about what to do, he approached me. No, wait why- Please go away!

"Hello there!" Jake said.

"Hi...?" I replied.

"Did you like that book?" He asked.

"Which book...? Oh, the one from yesterday?" I said.

"Yeah, that one." He nodded.

"Oh, it was kind of ridiculous. Like why would you kill for someone? That's not even love, it's just a crazy obsession." I said, maybe I said too much. But who cares?

"Mhm, you think that? I thought the story was cool." He said with a frown.

"I guess it was exciting... But wasn't it kind of... Too much?" I said.

"I mean... Yeah. But who cares? It's just fiction." He said.

"Yeah... It's just fiction. But would you like it if someone did it in real life?" I asked.

"No! Of course not!" He said.

"I see." I chuckled a little after he said that. He looks cute. Very cute

We continued talking for what felt like hours... He and I really didn't have much stuff in common. But somehow... It was fun talking to him. Very fun. I felt happy and excited after what feels like an eternity. Was he the key to my happiness? But what if something happens that makes him dislike me? What if he suddenly wants nothing to do with me? I just met him though... Why do I care so much? Maybe I am crazy? Or maybe he made me crazy? Okay, that sounds cringe.

"Oh I just realized how much time has passed. I need to go somewhere. It was nice talking to you!" He said.

"Wait-" I was about to stop him to ask for his number but he left already. I sighed and decided to go home.

The first thing I did after getting home was jump into bed without even changing. I took out my phone. I had many missed calls and unread messages... All from one person. My bestfriend, Sunoo. He has been acting strange these days so I ghosted him. But he might show up at my house if I keep ignoring him. I replied to him with an emoji. He texted back within seconds.

Sunoo

WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME?????
TEXT ME BACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I MISS YOUU
FINE I WILL JUST GO TO YOUR HOUSE!

Sunoo's pov :

I was already outside Sujin's house. Like how dare she ignore me? I mean she has been ignoring all her friend these days... But why me too? Like I saw her talking to some guy called Jake or whatever so happily. What's wrong with talking to me instead? I know everything about her. She should just talk to me only.

I started ringing the doorbell. But she wasn't opening. I tried knocking but she still didn't open. So glad that I stole her spare keys the last time I visited.

I went in after opening the door. Sujin was standing right in front of the door.

"Wow, you were right here and still weren't opening the door. How sweet of you." I said in a sarcastic tone.

"I wasn't opening because you are an uninvited guest and why do you have my spare keys? Give them back!" Sujin said as she jumped on me. Trying to snatch the keys from me. I mean I don't really care if she takes them back. I already made many more copies.

"Fineee. I will give it back. Get off me first." I said.

D̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶ ̶m̶e̶.̶ ̶D̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶ ̶m̶e̶,̶ ̶p̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶.̶ 

She snatched the key from me and got off me.

"Why are you here?" She asked.

"To talk to you, of course!" I said.

Sujin's pov :

Ugh, why is he here? He has been acting so strange lately, like real strange. I don't want to be around him!

"Leave then." I said.

"No." He replied as he plopped onto my couch. Sitting comfortably.

I rolled my eyes and sat beside him. He started inching closer. Like stop. What the heck.

"So.... Did you meet someone new? Is that why you are ignoring me? Am I not enough anymore? Do you not want to be friends anymore?" He said in a worried tone.

"Okay, how did you know I met someone? But chill that's not the reason why I am ignoring you. I am ignoring you for... No reason actually." That was a lie. I am ignoring him cause he is strange.

"I̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶. " He muttered something that I didn't understand.

"What did you say?" I asked. I swear I heard him mutter something and glaring at me. But he was all smiley. Like what are you so happy about?

"Nothing." He chuckled.

"Okay, so how did you know I met someone?" I asked again.

"I just guessed." He said.

I don't believe him. Not a single word. He definitely is suspicious now. But he is still my bestfriend... No way he would harm me right?

"So, tell me about who you met? Was it a guy?" He asked.

Sunoo's pov :

Ugh. Why am I even asking? I already know about it. Then again I gotta act like I don't know anything.

"C'monnnnn, tell me already!" I whined.

"So I met a guy. His name was Sim Jaeyun. He was like so... Sweet? We had pretty much nothing in common. But he seemed to have fun talking to me. He was like very good-looking, his voice was attractive too. I only met him yesterday but I can go on and on about him." Sujin said.

"Okay, okay. Seems like you replaced me with some guy you met yesterday." I side-eyed her.

"I DIDNT REPLACE YOU! DONT JUDGE ME! YOU WILL ALWAYS BE MY BESTFRIEND!" Sujin said.

B̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶b̶e̶s̶t̶f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶l̶o̶v̶e̶r̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶s̶t̶ ̶p̶r̶i̶o̶r̶i̶t̶y̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶.̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶e̶l̶s̶e̶.̶ ̶S̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶t̶a̶l̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶s̶.̶ ̶A̶m̶ ̶I̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶e̶n̶o̶u̶g̶h̶?̶ ̶W̶h̶y̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶l̶i̶f̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶m̶e̶?