12

He wakes all warm and cozy in a different bed. He yawns slowly opening his eyes.

Am I in the titanic?

Then his heart sinks as he recalls everything. He feels like something is around him holding on to him, then he realizes it's an arm around him.
He looks over his shoulder.

"Wilbur!?" he squeaks then covers his mouth, his voice sounds like he hasn't used it for days.

The other man's eyes slowly open,

"Hm?" he asks.

"Why are you in bed with me?" Quackity asks accusingly.

Wilbur blinks,

"Oh... my bad" he yawns.

"We're not in the other room anymore..." Quackity gazes around the room choosing to ignore the fact Wilbur was sleeping beside him.

"Yeah, I carried you to the room we got assigned for the trip home" Wilbur replies, his arms pull away from Quackity, "and then I fell asleep too cuz I was tired."

"Mhm, sure..." the events are coming back into Quackity's mind at lightning speed.

"Did you find anything out?" he asks in a whisper.

Wilbur lowers his head,

"Less then half made it out..." He murmurs.

Quackity feels sick to his stomach,

"That can't be right..."

"Unfortunately it's true, more have passed in the medical area too" Wilbur sighs, "it's pretty bad."

"Foolish?" Quackity asks.

"None of the crew made it" Wilbur whispers.

Quackity's eyes start to burn, he wipes the tears away furiously, he can't cry here... Wilbur bites his lip looking away slightly, he definitely feels bad for telling that Foolish didn't make it.

"It's ok... I have you, it's gonna be ok" Quackity says finally.

"Mhm..." Wilbur takes his hand, "and we will share this room until we get home... can I see you again? After all this?"

"Yes... and I've thought about your offer" Quackity murmurs.

"I didn't even tell you it" Wilbur replies.

"I already decided" Quackity says, he knows now that they've been through all this together there's not a chance he's leaving, he remembers the kisses they shared right before the crash. He feels long ago now but in reality it was just the other night...

"You sure you're not just in shock?" Wilbur teases but his eyes are still sad about the deaths.

"Well if the offer is to be my boyfriend then I accept" Quackity dips his head.

"Really?" Wilbur asks in surprise, "and I thought you hated me."

"Just strongly disliked" Quackity replies, then they both fall silent again.

Wilbur gets out of bed, he's still in the clothes he was wearing before. Quackity gets up too still in the outfit from the hurt area.

Wilbur walks around the bed to Quackity's side and slowly holds out a hand.

"May I have this dance?" he asks.

Quackity takes his hand not saying a word, the two start to waltz in the bedroom of the Carpathia.
Finally they stop, Wilbur stares at him their gazes meeting, the taller male leans down kissing him.

Quackity kisses him back, what he needs right now is someone else to take care of him. He doesn't care if they only met four days ago. He doesn't care that he may be insane for falling in love so fast.

He just needs someone else here with him, and he has that someone.

He leans into Wilbur for comfort as the two start to cry, for the people who had been lost, for the ship, for Foolish. For the miracle that they had survived.

The End...