Restricted Access...

His eyes fly open, emerald green. He can see the water around him, the ice.
He breathes in sharply then gasps as he realizes he's breathing underwater.

How is it possible he's alive?

He flicks his tail, wait... his tail?

He turns seeing a shark tail coming out of his back. He gasps looking down at his hands discovering they are still normal. His feet are too.

He slowly feels the top of his head. A sharks fin is coming out of it.

He's alive... that's all that matters.

He stares out at the ocean surrounding him, getting his bearings. It's all there... for him to explore.

He doesn't feel cold dispite being in below freezing water, something has happened to him. It almost feels otherworldly, he feels like some sort of god.

He slowly starts to undo the top of his waitor's uniform. His skin seems normal, dispite the fluttering gills he discovers on his sides, so that's how he's breathing underwater...

I'm a shark.

He attempts to swim somehow ending up in a messed up flip.

Suddenly there's a laugh, a very melodic one.

He turns to see the most beautiful creature he's ever laid eyes on.
It's a waterspirit.

Somehow he just knows.

She has shoulder length black hair that seems to shimmer pald blue in places, she has a light blue and white watery dress and blue markings on her cheeks.

Shes laughing at him,

"What are you?"

Her voice ripples through the water to him.

"No idea" he replies.

"You're not meant to be in this world" she says moving nearer to him, "and neither am I."

"What do you mean?" he asks.

"Waterspirits don't exist in this universe, and you aren't meant to either, you shouldn't know what we are. Neither should your shapeshifting friend."

There's the sound of water moving and a mermaid shape comes into view.

"Universe?" he asks as he stares at the other underwater creature before him.

"Yes" she replies, "do you believe in other universes?"

"Do you?" he asks even though he knows the answer just from what she's said. Nothing makes sense to him anymore but it feels right, he is supposed to meet a waterspirit here.

"Of course I do, I'm from one" the waterspirit says, "it's nice to meet you Foolish, my name is Lexi."

End.

January 14, 2̵̮̻̉͛͑͐̍̀̒̈́͝͝0̵̢͇̝͎̥̯̹͊̌̏̍͋͒͛̊ͅ2̷̧̛̙̯͚͔̖̔̌͂͗̾́͐͘͘4̷̛͖́̀́̄́̂