Part 1 - Aaron's Farm

Here it is, Dragon Tales!

Level: 1/15

Length: 25:12

Created: May 2016

Gameplay: 35%

Cutscenes: 65%

Plot:

In a distant corner of the Shattered Isle, under the shadow of Halfhorn hill, a human slumbered peacefully in the cozy embrace of an old farmhouse, unaware of the disturbances in the skies above, or the great destiny that was to fall upon him...

Tearing through the open air, a mysterious, sea-green dragoness passed over the farm, narrowly dodging several shots of plasma hurled by some unseen enemy.

Around her neck hung a strange purple stone, glowing ever so slightly with some intrinsic power.

For a moment, it seemed escape was within her grasp. Then, with a searing flash of light, she was struck with a wave of energy. The woven cord holding the stone around her neck snapped, and her precious cargo plummeted to the ground.

The next day, Aaron Storm woke to the crowing of his rooster and set about tending to the intricate workings of Halfhorn farm.

The farm had once belonged to his parents, but for several months now, it had been left entirely to him. His was a simple life; work, eat, sleep, and for a time, he was content.

But as the Cold Times beckoned and the nights grew long, a pang of loneliness settled upon the boy's heart.

Sweeping away the last of some fallen leaves, Aaron sighed and glanced upon the two moons that hung low in the hazy twilight, daring to dream of the adventures and wonders that lay beyond the crooked ridge of Halfhorn.

It was in this moment of mindless contemplation that a gleam of light in the tree above him caught his attention.

It was a purple stone, cool to the touch and carved into an obelisk.

Aaron pulled the stone out of the branches and ran it along his fingers.

"Where did you come from?" He thought to himself. Then with a shrug, he pocketed the curio and strolled back to his house.