Chapter Four

TWIRLING HER PINK spoon inside the cup of her rocky road ice cream, Jenna smiled as she watched Vienna walked to throw her empty cup away, getting distracted by the birds surrounding the park.

After Jenna's notorious victory yesterday, she and Vienna decided to have a delicious dessert to celebrate. They sat at the park just nearby Vienna's house. Jenna had been watching the girl run around after eating her ice cream - she'd been meeting the friendly dogs that would walk by, she'd chase the pigeons and roll down the grassy hills.

Jenna had never seen her more child like. But, in a good way. The last time she saw Vienna act like this was when her mom was alive. Her mom would bring out the lively side of her, the side of how hyper she can be like she was when she was a kid.

"Do you want to go to my place?" Vienna plopped down in her spot beside Jenna. The girl looked at the Levine girl with a smile. "Billie is going out for burritos with her family and my dad will be fixing a few of the racers bikes."

"What about your brother?" Jenna asked curiously, grabbing a pebble from below and tossing it in the pond in front of her.

"He'll be at his girlfriend's house." Vienna hummed patiently. Jenna soon enough nodded her head which caused the Levine girl to grab her hand as they got back up on Jenna's bike, driving immediately to Vienna's house.

When Jenna entered, all the memories flowed back to her. She remembered when she and Vienna would sneak back in the house, make out on the girl's bed before snuggling up and watching movies together till the morning light. Or the nights were they would meet at the club and drink off their asses by using their fake id's. Or maybe the nights where they would stargaze on top of Vienna's roof.

It wasn't just the sex that Jenna has thought about since they cut contact, but it was every other couple thing that they would together even if they were just flings to each other.

"You know where my bedroom is still, right?" Vienna smiled as she kicked her shoes off, Jenna followed suit. The two girls walked upstairs to her bedroom and Jenna was immediately met with the familiar aroma of coconut milk and rose.

Vienna's usual candle scent.

"You can sit, I'm gonna change real quick." Vienna informed and Jenna nodded, sitting on the bed awkwardly as she watched the girl walk into her bathroom with a change of clothes.

She leaned back on her hands, admiring any changes to the room. Vienna had pretty almost everything still except the celebrity posters attached to her ceiling. She smiled when she saw many, many Rihanna ones. The room still has its usual cozy atmosphere — Vienna had vinyls and cassette tapes strung across the walls on shelves. Jenna could almost remember every single detail.

"Hey." Vienna greeted the girl as she threw her hair over her shoulders, now let loose from that straining ponytail. "Wanna watch a movie?"

"Of course." Jenna scooted over, kicking her shoes off before pressing her back up against the headboard. Vienna accompanied her side after grabbing the tv remote.

"What do you want to watch?"

"Uh, Baywatch?" Vienna laughed and out the movie on, leaning back before resting her head on Jenna's shoulder.

Jenna tensed up a little but slowly relaxed when Vienna hugged her arm — probably sensing the tension in her body. The Ortega girl eased into everything and wrapped her arm around Vienna's shoulders.

"Do you remember last summer?" Vienna broke the silence — other than the movie playing, there wasn't much other noise happening.

"Yeah." Jenna's voice was barely above a whisper. Vienna shifted slightly to turn down the volume on the tv before facing Jenna with her full attention. "Why?"

"Because I don't think I ever got the chance to apologize for ditching you out of nowhere."

"Vie-" Jenna tried but Vienna gently placed her hand over the girl's mouth.

"Let me talk. I am really sorry for that, I was dealing with so much with my mom but it's not an excuse because I should've told you instead of cutting you off." Jenna's eyes softened. "And for that, I'm really sorry. And I like hanging out with you, Jen, you're amazing. I'd love to start doing that again."

"Plus the sex?" Jenna joked which made Vienna blush and laugh softly, shoving her shoulder playfully. The two of them smiled at each other when they had a very similar conversation at the breakfast diner a while ago.

"Maybe, but seriously, you're a great person, Jenna. I'm mad at myself for letting you go like that." Vienna took her hands in hers. "Because you're a really good friend."

Friend. It was one word but it hurt Jenna more than she thought it would. She knew that the sex they had was strictly about no strings attached, but Jenna knew damn well, she broke that rule.

And she had no clue what to do.

AUTHORS NOTE:
I'm sorry it's been like 3 months since I updated 😭 I had no motivation for this book but I'll bring it back, PROMISE 🤞🏻