Adjusting

The family has been together for a month now and they are enjoying this little family. Zac hasn't been to work in a month. He proposed to Fatima the day they brought baby Ethan home, she said yes but they won't be having a wedding anytime soon.

Zac: I know you said we can talk about this later on but I think it's time.

Fatima: Talk about what?

Zac: Selling or leasing this house. I bought a house and I want you to move in with me.

Fatima: I don't think I want to deal with all that.

Zac: Just say yes and I'll take care of the rest, you don't have to lift a finger. Plus it's closer to Luna's new school.

Luna will be starting first grade in a month, at a new school and she's been talking about it every day. Fatima wanted to keep her at her old school because it was the school that Luna's biological mother love but as much as she wanted to honour every wish, Luna isn't happy at that school.

Fatima: it's only a 15 minute difference.

Zac: I'm trying to get you to say yes.

Fatima: I'll think about it. In the meantime, get that house fixed.

Zac: The only thing that needs to be done is baby boy's room.

Luna: There is someone knocking. Can I go open?

Fatima: Please go get the door. Luna let's fold Ethan's clothes together.

Zac rushed downstairs to get the door. Who would be coming to the house though? People know that Fatima said she didn't want anyone over at all until further notice. He went to open the door and saw Star standing outside alone. He let her inside.

Zac: Hey baby girl, why are you here alone? Where are your parents.

Star: I want to see Aunty Tima.

Zac: Go ahead, she's in Ethan's room.

Star: Aunty! (She ran into Fatima's arms crying).

Fatima: What's wrong? Where's your mom or dad?

Star: I came alone with an Uber.

Fatima: Star you're 9, you can't be in an Uber alone.

Star: They are fighting and it was getting loud. I had to leave.

Fatima: It's fine. Have you eaten?

Star: Yes, I just don't want to be there.

Fatima: Has this been happening a lot?

Star: I would hear them in the room but today they were loud and my mom was throwing things.

Fatima: Zac!!

Zac: Yeah?

Fatima: Please look after the babies, I need to go check on Jackson and his wife, they have been fighting that's why Star is here alone.

Zac: I'll go. Fatima you are breastfeeding and you know Ethan does not want the bottle.

Fatima: He does, you just give up quick. Luna can feed him.

Fatima left and went to Jackson's house. When she got there she saw both of their cars outside. When she went inside she saw glass all over the floor and head then shouting at each other from the other room.

Fatima: Y'all serious right now?

Jackson: What the fuck are you doing here?

Fatima: Your daughter came to my house alone and none of you noticed that she was gone? What's going on?