the morning after

A/N: guys I'm sorry 🥲 I was rightt I had too much to drink, but I'm good now and I'm excited for the next chapters <33 do I make Eleanor and Blair fall in love or should I do it where Eleanor wants to have a conversation with Blair but gets cut off by Tyler asking Blair to prom in front of the whole school, in front of eleanor 🤔🤔

Blair's Perspective:

Blair woke up on Sunday morning with a pounding headache and a sense of regret. As she blinked her eyes open, the sunlight streaming through her window felt like daggers piercing her skull. She groaned and pulled the covers over her head, trying to block out the light and the noise of the world.

Last night had been fun—really fun—definitely too fun—but now she was paying the price. She vaguely remembered having a few too many drinks and dancing with Tyler, but the details were fuzzy. What she did remember clearly was that she hadn't told her parents she'd be drinking. They had always been understanding and trusting, but she knew they'd be disappointed if they found out.

After a few minutes of lying in bed, Blair knew she couldn't avoid getting up any longer. She dragged herself out of bed and stumbled to the bathroom, hoping a shower would help clear her head. The cold water shocked her system awake, and she slowly started to feel more human.

Dressed in comfortable clothes, Blair made her way downstairs. The smell of coffee greeted her, and she followed it to the kitchen, where she found her mother, Evelyn, already up and making breakfast.

"Morning, sweetie," Evelyn said, looking up from the stove. "How was the party?"

Blair forced a smile. "It was good. Lots of fun."

Evelyn turned to face her, a concerned look on her face. "You don't look so good. Are you feeling okay?"

Blair sighed, knowing she couldn't hide the truth from her mother. "I might have had a bit too much to drink last night."

Evelyn's expression softened. "Oh, Blair. You know better than that."

"I know, Mom. I'm sorry. I didn't plan on drinking, but it just kind of happened."

Evelyn nodded, her eyes filled with understanding. "I'm not happy about it, but I'm glad you're safe. Just remember, if you're going to drink, you need to be responsible and let us know."

Blair nodded, feeling a wave of relief. "I will. I promise."

"Good," Evelyn said, turning back to the stove. "Now, how about some breakfast? I made your favorite—pancakes."

Blair's stomach churned at the thought of food, but she knew she needed something to help settle her stomach. "Thanks, Mom. That sounds great."

As she sat down at the table, Blair's father, Richard, walked into the kitchen. He took one look at Blair and raised an eyebrow. "Rough night?"

Blair managed a weak smile. "You could say that."

Richard chuckled. "Well, I'm glad you had fun. Just be more careful next time, okay?"

"Okay, Dad," Blair said, grateful for her parents' understanding.

They ate breakfast together, and Blair felt a little better with each bite. The pancakes helped settle her stomach, and the coffee gave her a much-needed boost of energy. After breakfast, she decided to take it easy for the rest of the day, focusing on her homework and spending some time with Tyler.

Eleanor's Perspective:

Eleanor Hawkins woke up early, as she always did, ready to tackle the day. She had spent a quiet evening at home, reading and grading papers, but her thoughts kept drifting back to Blair. She hoped the girl was finding some peace despite the challenges she was facing.