vi. the losing game

________________________________________

100 CENTURIES
::  vi. | the losing game
( flashbacks will be in italics )

The Winchester brothers gave her an ultimatum. They made her choose and so out of anger, she made her way to the hotel where the original vampires were staying. Once she got there, she immediately headed to their room but by the time that happened, they were already gone. Rebekah convinced them to go back to New Orleans. Now there was only one thing to do. Since the Winchester bothers forced her out, it was time for her to head to New Orleans as well.

So she left the hotel and began to hitchhike on the side of the main road, which she thought couldn't be that hard. Lower down the shirt, take out the hair ——— look sexy. And of course for her, it worked.

A stranger pulled over to where she was waiting and rolled down their window, "Need a ride, blondie?"

Alex got in on the passenger side and told the stranger where she needed to go. He thought it was a tad far but made an exception because she was hot. As the long ride began, she leaned her head against the window thinking if she made the right choice ———— if the Mikaelsons are the right choice.

She hates ultimatums, but then again . . . she knew eventually it was going to happen.

The truth will reveal itself.

• • •

Hours had past. The Winchesters kept wondering where Alex was, they didn't want to believe that she left. . . especially Dean. Somewhere though, they knew what she decided. They spoke nothing of it, though.

Sam didn't want to talk about it, Dean didn't want to hear her name. It's like they thought it wasn't their fault, like they had nothing to do with it. Sure, at the end of the day Alex chose New Orleans but she was pushed out which is why she made that decision.

While the brothers cooked up a plan for their next move, Alex had just arrived in New Orleans. To her surprise, she wasn't as excited as she thought she would be.

She got out the man's car and began her way to the French quarter, if that's where they still reside, but she took the chance. Once she reached the doors, she walked in and found no one. That was until she made her way into the house, where she found the bunch.

There stood Rebekah, Kol, Elijah, and Klaus. All of them were just staring at her in shock and a bit in confusion.

"What are you doing here, Alex?" Rebekah spoke up.

"I thought you'd be more than happy to see me." Alex waltz into the room and plopped on their sofa, like she lost no memory of the French quarter.

"Alex ——— " Elijah began but was cut off by Alex raising her hand up. If anyone else did it, the mikaelsons would take that to offense but with Alex, things were different when she's around.

"They declared war and well . ." She shrugged her shoulders, "I just prefer to be on the winning side."

Alex continued to sit there as Elijah and Klaus exited the room. Eventually kol welcomed Alex back into the French quarter before leaving as well. Therefore that only left Rebekah and Alex in the room together.

"We both know that was a lie." Rebekah waltz over to the couch and sat next to her.

"Which part?" Alex tried to avoid eye contact.

"You already know." Rebekah spoke calmly.

The room grew back to silence amongst the two females. It's like they forgot how to talk. Alex had her reasons and well Rebekah was just scared her true feelings would show. She wasn't ready for that ——— to feel rejection from who she always loved. She so badly wanted to hold Alex's hand but she knew what she did to her. She felt absolutely terrible about it but she had no choice.

Alex began to stand up, "I should go look for a room." As she began to leave this room, she was stopped by Rebekah's words.

"Are you ever going to forgive me?" The original vampire spoke softly. You could sense the sorrow in her voice and see it in her eyes. She was truly sorry, but did that matter to Alex?

"You promised you would never do it and yet you did." Alex turned around.

"What was I supposed to do? You would be dead, my family would be dead. Then Klaus dagger's me which is why you remember." Rebekah slowly began to walk closer to her, "I know I broke your promise. I know that promises are important to you but I had no choice. Please tell me you understand?"

Alex parted her lips, "I understand but I'm still mad at you."

"Why?" Rebekah didn't understand. What else could she have done?

"You never came back. After you woke up from Klaus daggering you, I know you knew the compulsion broke and yet you never came afterwards. So yeah Rebekah, I understand, but it doesn't hurt any less." And with that, Alex left the compound to go wander New Orleans.

She decided she would find a room later. She also didn't want to be around any of the mikaelsons in that moment because she knew they were plotting their defense against hunters who threatened their kind. Though she chose their side, she still worried for the Winchester brothers. They were her family away from the family she thought she had.

She doesn't know when or if she'll ever forgive Rebekah but her feelings for the blonde vampire never went away either. Rebekah can do so many things but in the end, she would still have the heart of Alex Reynolds and though Alex didn't know it, she had Rebekah's too.

 Rebekah can do so many things but in the end, she would still have the heart of Alex Reynolds and though Alex didn't know it, she had Rebekah's too

a/n:
here's an update !!
any thoughts ??