CHAPTER -2

The sun had barely risen when Alex set out from the inn, his thoughts consumed by the prospect of meeting Liam. Elara's description had stirred both excitement and anxiety within him. He had crafted Liam to be a crucial part of the world, a hero of sorts, and the idea of meeting him in person was both thrilling and unnerving.

Alex wandered through the winding streets of the city, following the directions Elara had given him. The city was as vibrant as he remembered, but now, every sight and sound felt overwhelming. His heart pounded as he approached the Grand Hall, a majestic building at the heart of the city, where Liam was said to be stationed.

The Grand Hall was an impressive structure, adorned with banners and intricate carvings. As Alex entered, he was greeted by a bustling foyer filled with guards and advisors. He approached the reception desk, where a young clerk looked up from her papers

"I'm looking for Liam," Alex said, trying to keep his voice steady.

The clerk's eyes widened with recognition. "Are you the one everyone's been talking about? He's been expecting you. Please, follow me."

Alex followed the clerk through grand corridors, his anticipation growing with each step. They finally arrived at a large, ornate door. The clerk knocked before opening it, revealing a spacious office filled with maps, scrolls, and an impressive desk at the center.

Liam was seated behind the desk, his posture rigid and commanding. He looked up as Alex entered, his piercing gaze scrutinizing the newcomer.

"Liam, this is Alex," the clerk announced before retreating.

Liam's expression was a mixture of surprise and curiosity. He stood up, his presence imposing and regal. "Alex," he said, his voice steady and authoritative. "I've heard much about you."

Alex swallowed, feeling a lump in his throat. "Liam, it's... it's an honor to finally meet you."

Liam's eyes narrowed slightly. "You've been in the city for a few days. What brings you here?"

Alex took a deep breath, gathering his thoughts. "I—I didn't expect to be here. I'm... I'm the creator of this world. Something went wrong, and now I'm... here, in person."

Liam's brows furrowed in surprise, but he remained composed. "The creator of our world? That's... unexpected. How did this happen?

"I'm not entirely sure," Alex admitted, feeling a pang of embarrassment. "There was a power surge, and then I woke up here. I've been trying to understand what's going on."

Liam studied him for a moment, then nodded. "If what you say is true, it's important that we understand the implications. Our world is in a delicate state right now. There have been disturbances, and we could use your insight."

Alex felt a mix of relief and apprehension. "I'd be glad to help. I'm still learning about how things work here, but I want to do whatever I can."

Liam gestured to a seat opposite his desk. "Please, have a seat. We need to discuss the current situation and how you might be able to assist."

As Alex settled into the chair, he felt a sense of purpose begin to replace his earlier anxiety. This was his creation, and though he was still grappling with the reality of his situation, he had a chance to make a difference.

Liam began to outline the recent disturbances—magical anomalies and disruptions that had been affecting the city and its surroundings. The conversation was detailed and complex, but Alex listened intently, absorbing every piece of information. He could see the weight of responsibility on Liam's shoulders, and it made Alex more determined to contribute meaningfully.

"We've identified several key locations where the disturbances are strongest," Liam said, unrolling a map. "We need to investigate these areas and determine the source of the problem."

Alex leaned in, studying the map. "I might be able to help with that. I know the world's layout and some of its hidden features. I could assist in navigating and uncovering clues."

Liam nodded, a hint of gratitude in his eyes. "Your knowledge will be invaluable. Let's start by investigating the areas with the most severe disturbances.