**Chapter 8: The Businessman**

So, hello lovelies ♡

Here's th he first chapter of my book shower your love
.
.
.

Happy reading peeps ❤️
_____________________________________

Maya and Aditya's investigation into Vikram's shady dealings continued unabated, fueled by their determination to unravel the truth. Each step deeper into the labyrinth of corporate intrigue revealed layers of deception and danger they hadn't anticipated.

The day after Maya received the call from Vikram's office, requesting a meeting, she found herself standing outside his imposing office building. Despite her reservations, she knew gathering information firsthand was crucial. As she entered Vikram's plush office, she couldn't shake the feeling of being out of place among the sleek furnishings and expensive artwork. Vikram greeted her with a charming smile, his demeanor oozing confidence and authority.

"Maya, it's a pleasure to finally meet you," Vikram said, extending his hand.

Maya shook it firmly, steeling herself against his charisma. "Likewise, Mr. Vikram."

From the Author's POV:

Maya's meeting with Vikram was a pivotal moment in their investigation. She knew she had to tread carefully, gathering as much information as possible without revealing their true intentions.

Vikram leaned back in his chair, studying Maya with a shrewd gaze. "I've heard a lot about you, Maya. You're quite the rising star at your firm."

Maya nodded, masking her unease with a polite smile. "Thank you, Mr. Vikram. I've heard equally impressive things about your business empire."

Vikram chuckled, a sound that sent a chill down Maya's spine. "Ah, flattery will get you everywhere, Maya. But let's get down to business, shall we?"

As Vikram launched into a detailed discussion about his various ventures, Maya listened intently, her mind racing to detect any inconsistencies or red flags. Despite his smooth words and polished presentation, she couldn't shake the feeling that there was more to Vikram than met the eye.

Maya's instincts were on high alert as she navigated the conversation with Vikram. She knew that one wrong move could jeopardize their entire investigation, but she also understood that uncovering the truth sometimes required taking calculated risks.

After what felt like an eternity, Maya excused herself from Vikram's office, her mind buzzing with thoughts and suspicions. She knew she had to share everything she had learned with Aditya, but first, she needed some time to process it all.

Stepping out onto the bustling streets of the city, Maya couldn't shake the feeling of being watched. She glanced nervously around, quickening her pace to reach the safety of the law firm.

Meanwhile, Aditya was tirelessly sifting through the mountain of documents they had gathered, his mind ablaze with possibilities. When Maya returned, he immediately sensed the tension in her posture and the furrow of her brow.

"Maya, what happened?" Aditya asked, concern lacing his voice.

Maya recounted her meeting with Vikram, detailing his smooth talk and calculated charm. Aditya listened intently, his expression growing more serious with each passing moment.

"We need to be careful, Maya," Aditya said in a low voice. "Vikram is not someone to be underestimated. If he suspects we're onto him, he'll stop at nothing to protect himself and his interests."

Maya nodded resolutely. "I know, Aditya. But we can't let that deter us. We've come too far to turn back now."

Maya and Aditya's resolve only strengthened as they faced the looming threat of Vikram's potential retaliation. With each new revelation, their determination to expose the truth grew stronger, propelling their relentless pursuit of justice.