So It Begins

~Vance’s P.O.V.~

Once the quake started my mother looked worried, but still decided to explain what we really are.

“Both of you are the offspring of a demonic fallen angel and a vampire. I’m the vampire, your other mother, Lily, is the demonic fallen angel part... I know I kept this a secret from you both and much more... But I wanted to raise you normally while Lily was gone...” My mother explained as calmly as possible. But Lucia wasn’t taking it very well...

“H-how could you keep this from us?! We’re your kids!! There shouldn’t be any secrets in this family!! What else have you been keeping from us?!” Lucia screamed near tears, she cries when she’s frustrated. I understand her, it’s just I can’t show my emotions no matter how much I want to.

“Lucia....Calm down...” I said in a soothing voice, I walked over to her and hugged her tightly. That’s what usually calmed her down, I even petted her head like I would do to a cat. I looked over to her face and she seemed to calm down a little, her breathing was just a bit heavy and her teeth was cringed. I looked over to Alicia and I let go of my sister cause I knew Alicia cared for my sister more than anything. Once I let go Alicia ran and hugged my sister.

“You know Luci, you actually look really cool. You’re no monster, no matter who says it. I’m just glad your my friend...” I saw my sister’s face softened up, she smiled a bit and hugged Alicia back.

“Actually I think both of you are ready for the biggest secret of all...Follow me.” She went back to the door where she came from which was technically where we lived. She went down the stair to the right and there was our mother Lily’s shrine.

“Mom, we already knew this was here...” Lucia said, I noticed she was going back to her human form, everything was gone except for the horns.

“This isn’t the secret...” My mother turned to the side and pushed as to what we thought was a solid wall, but instead it opened and swung to the side like a door. “This is.” She walked past the once solid wall into a lower area which I had no idea existed. So Lucia and I followed her down your flames.” Lucia just nodded. We continued down the steps until we hit our destination. It seemed to me like a huge dark cold dungeon.

“Alicia... come out and don’t hide. We know you were following us...” I said, my voice echoed and we heard soft steps cautiously walk to us. Nosy little Alicia stood there. I looked around this dark dungeon and I felt my clockwork bat, that was a present from my parents, ticking. It was like a second heartbeat to me, it just kept ticking, it was all I heard at that point. I guessed I kind of spaced out because my mother was near a huge unknown object, but for some strange reason, it felt familiar. She put a hand on the strange object infusing magic on the central crest on it. Runes began to appear all around it and a pathway opened inside the giant object, showing a deeper path. Mother gestured for us to follow her and we did, still no knowing the secret to come.

Inside the tunnel torches along the side of the wall lit on their own. This gave us some light in the almost unseeable darkness of the tunnel, which seemed to halt into an outer light.

When the tunnels came to an end we found sitting in front of us a gigantic pirate airship. It stood in a cavern alone, secluded and looking centuries old. It was ridden with cobwebs and what seemed like a battle long past.

“T-This is the Blood Stained Pirates’ ship....!” I heard Alicia shout. “I-I don’t believe it... Mrs. Dupre... were you one of the vampires that was a part of this band of pirates...?” My mother nodded

“Yes.....And I was in love with the captain...”

“Captain Black Winged Shinigami....her real name was unknown to the public....”