New house

Alyssa has always been a very reserved person since she was little, not opening up to many people.
She recently moved back to her old city since her parents bought a house in the area.

unpacking is a terrible job so instead of doing it straight away she decided to go for a walk to think about how her life is going to change, The good and the bad.

"Mom could i go for a walk, only to get a bit of fresh air and to get a few steps in?", She said.
"Okay hun, but don't be gone too long or get lost."

Alyssa went upstairs to grab her ear phones and then to head out the house.

while walking she started thinking , how was school going to be? a new environment, completely different school, the ONLY new girl.

As she thought more and more about the situation she began worrying, hopefully things weren't going to be too bad, as-long as she kept to herself and didn't get in anyones way she would be fine, she thought to herself.

She goes for a light jog, trying to keep her mind off of it and try relaxing, thats one thing about Alyssa, going for a bit of a run was never a bad decision and she quite enjoyed it.

She took this time to look at all the beautiful scenery, from every coloured flower to every leaf petal, even the bright green colour in the grass, it all looked so healthy and rich in colour.
It made her happy.

why, you might ask?

Well ever since Alyssa can remember her and her grandmother would always spend time in the garden,watering the plants and spraying weed killer on all the weeds.
though it still made her grandmother slightly sad because weeds are flowers too, but just unwanted ones.
"Even though others may see you as a weed, you will always be my flower," Her grandmother use to tell her.

Now that she thought about it, she misses her grandmother, thats probably the only good reason shes back in this city, She doesn't remember too much of how her life in this city use to be.

Well of course she wouldn't, She moved at a young age, eight to be exact and its been quite a while from then.

Now she is seventeen, but still remembers all the calls and conversations she had with her grandmother.

The sun starts to set and she realises shes been running for too long. "Oh no.., Moms going to be mad,"she whispered to herself.

She starts walking back towards the direction she thinks is near the new house, finally ariving home, in pitch black darkness.

She sees her parents and younger brother sitting at the table eating already.

"Ah, look who decided to come home", her mother said.

"i'm sorry its just i ran too far and got distracted, this place is really beautiful", i tried explaining.

"hush, hush, its fine, come eat dinner"
"tomorrow is a long day for you, we have to unpack most of our things and try to make the place look more like a house we can call home".

"Big day after tomorrow, in your new school".
"Are you excited?", her mom said, trying to make conversation at the table while eating.
"A bit but more nervous than excited."Alyssa said back.

After dinner she walked upstairs to her empty bedroom, looking at every single empty box
she knew she couldn't keep delaying.
She started with the smallest box, unpacking all her jewellery into a cupboard.
Then she decided to do the biggest box , since it takes up so much space in the room. She opened the box and saw clothes, groaning and sighing she then took out all the shirts and sat on the floor folding them.
same with the pants and other bits.

once she was done she looked at her phone and saw that it was now ten o'clock, she better get rest.
She opened a box and took out her bedding, the blanket, pillows, sheets. Putting all of it on her bed and making the bed.

She then walked and put off the light getting into bed.

The next day
Alyssa woke up around 9 and made herself a cup of tea, she didn't enjoy coffee too much because she found it to be very bitter, maybe if she made it sweeter some how it would taste nicer but no matter how
much sugar she adds it didn't taste good.
Thats why she sticks to tea, very warm and sweet.

Her mom was at the table drinking coffee and told Alyssa they should use this day to get clothes for tomorrow when she would be going to her new school.

She agreed and after drinking tea she got dressed and her and her mom went into the town,looking around.
It was always enjoyable going places with her mom they got on well.

While they shopped for the clothes and shoes needed Alyssas mom was Not like other moms,see she had Alyssa at a younger age then most and still knows about fashion and style so she made sure she found nice fitting pants for her daughter for school and good buttoned up shirts.

After all the shopping they went to a beauty salon, her mom needed a nice haircut and Alyssa wanted to get her nails done, her mom agreed since her getting a haircut was going to take long and Alyssa could get her nails done instead of having to wait so long.
She got light blue and white nails, the white sparkly.
Her mom got similar to what she always got, a mid lengthened cut with layers in it.

The then got drinks at mac Donald's and went home, Alyssa went and packed away all her school uniform and shoes.
While she was at it she unpacked her last three boxes, and was called down for dinner.

The family had their usual chat and talked about Alyssa and her brother going into a new school and how it's going to be challenging.

Alyssa went to sleep after showering and washing her hair, nervous about how the day will be tomorrow.