School

Alyssa woke up early in the morning,7 o'clock.
Her school started at 8:30 and she didn't want to be late as the new girl.
She brushed her hair after getting dressed and ate toast for breakfast then grabbed her bag and put on her shoes, heading out the door.

She Entered the school gate after walking a bit.

"deep breaths..", she whispered to herself trying to calm her nerves.

She walked near the door and went into the school trying not to make eye contact with anyone, she couldn't find her class so she had to ask someone.
Just in time a girl bumped into her. "s-sorry i wasn't looking where i was going and i'm going to be late for class and i-i..", The girl rambled on
"It's okay i understand", Alyssa said with a soft smile.
The girl looked almost shocked at Alyssas answer and looked at her weirdly, "I haven't seen you around before what year are you in?", The girl asked.
"O-oh umm..well I'm new here and cant find my class but i'm in year 5", Alyssa answered Awkwardly and a bit embarrassed at admitting the fact she cant find where she is meant to be at this moment.

The girls eyes have a bit of sparkle in them once i said that and she starts complementing things about me. "you're so kind, and you're so pretty, how do you get your hair so soft?" The girl said while she brushed her finger through my hair. "U-uhm shampoo..?" Alyssa answered a bit taken aback at all these compliments .
The girl saw on Alyssas facial expressions that she was making her uncomfortable and quickly apologised, "oh sorry i don't mean to make you uncomfortable"

Alyssa shakes her head, "no,no you didn't, it's nice to meet you..eh?",Alyssa waited wanting to know her name.
"k-kayla, my name is Kayla", she stammered out with a smile.

"its nice to meet you Kayla, my names Alyssa", she said softly
"would you possibly be able to show me to my class?"

"of course i don't mind at all i'm late already at least ill have an excuse", Kayla giggled.

While walking to class they came up with a few things to talk about not wanting to make it awkward beetween them and try to be more comfortable since ofcourse Alyssa wanted to make a few friends and this person seemed just right.
"did you hear about the party happening tonight?" Kayla asked as they got closer to the classroom.

"No actually i haven't"Alyssa replied seeming interested in this 'party'
"Oh well you should definitely come tonight we can get ready at my house if you want?", Kayla said hoping to make a friend.

"yeah id love that" Alyssa smiled in response.

They got to the classroom Alyssa is meant to be in and Kayla said her goodbyes since she didn't do the subject.

Alyssa knocked on the door feeling a bit embarrassed and shy, the door opened and the teacher greeted her and asked you to introduce yourself to the class.

"E-em my names Alyssa..and i just moved here."

"Lovely Alyssa please take a seat somewhere", the teacher said then went back to her teaching.

Alyssa looked around at the empty spots, one guy looking at her far more than Alyssa was comfortable with, almost as if he knew her.
He had a empty seat next to him but she wasn't so sure she should sit there.

Another guy called her, "Alyssa if you want you can sit next to me", he looked shy too but kind.

The guy before gave him a dirty look, Alyssa wasn't sure if it was because of where she was deciding to sit and he actually wanted her to sit next to him, or if the guy usually gets threatening looks.

"sure", she answered the guy and placed her bag on the floor next to the desk, then sat next to him.

"im Henry by the way", he said with a bit more of a calm expression on his face.

"its nice to meet you Henry", she smiled up at him.

The teacher was talking about having a group project that has to be done for geography, something like a volcano erupting or simply just facts about something, she left it up to us to decide what it would be about and the grade we would get for it would be the same for each person.

"This project will be in groups of four."
As the teacher paired people up there were only three students left.
"Ah an odd number it it will have to do anyways", she said as she grouped Alyssa, Henry and..?

Aiden.

Oh no thats the boy who was giving henry dirty looks earlier, this might be harder than i thought.
My first day in school and already theres drama, She thought to herself, making sure she didn't say it out loud.

Aiden walked over to the original table that Alyssa and henry were sitting at, placing a chair on the side of Alyssas table, and plopping himself down.

Aiden had a figure not like many guys in school, he had dark brown fluffy hair, a very squared face showing his masculine features, he wore a lose shirt, but you were still able to see his muscular arms and tracksuit pants, his eyes narrowed at me as he caught me looking at him a bit more than i was meant to.

After moments of silence between the two boys and Alyssa, She broke it.

"Uhm so..what are we going to do our project on?"

"i dont mind", Aiden said as he kept looking at henry.

Alyssa felt awkward in the presence of these two guys, feeling like there must be something going on that she doesn't know about.

She keeps trying to come up with ideas for the project when Henry comes up with a great idea.

"How about we do Tourism Impact Assessment?",He said while giving Aiden side eye which Alyssa didnt notice.
"Thats perfect-
Alyssa got cut off by a loud bang on the door.
Who could it be?
Why are they hitting it so loud?