6- grocery shopping

Fluff💛💙

《Hailey's pov》
[Italics- thoughts]

It was a Saturday morning and I was assigned the task of doing grocery shopping that week, along with Zander.

But Zander bailed last minute as he had to go out with Luke.

Tch, typical Zander

Now I have to do it all by myself.

I get ready, get my bag and was about to leave the house when I suddenly get a call.

Oh it's Jake

"Hello Jake what's up?", I asked.

"I'm bored, wanna hang out?", he asked.

After the competition we both have gotten closer and started hanging out quite a bit.

"I can't right now, I have to go grocery shopping", I sigh.

"Oh, let me guess, it's your turn and Zander bailed to go out with Luke?"

He obviously knew everything about us by now.

But I can't help but think, I don't know much about his family.

"Spot on", I rolled eyes.

"Hey! Why don't I help you? Y'know come grocery shopping with you?", he suggested getting a bit excited for some reason.

"You don't have to Jake, I couldn't possibly make you do grocery shopping on your weekend"

"Nah, I want to. Besides, I'm bored, and I can also hang out with you", he said.

"Alright, if you really want to. I usually go to rosy mart", I tell him.

"Got it princess, see you there", he said, but I could tell he was smirking.

Typical Jake, always a flirt.

I've only ever seen him flirt with me though, I wonder why.

I leave and get to the rosy mart which was pretty close to our house.

Jake still hadn't got there so I just go through the list and start filling up the cart.

"Hello princess, good morning", I suddenly hear a familiar voice from behind me.

"Good morning? It's almost 12 already", I laugh.

"To be honest I woke up not too long ago, so it is still the morning for me", he said proudly as he shoved me aside lightly and pushes the cart instead of me.

I laugh at that dork.

"What's so funny?", he asks acting offended.

"Nothing, you're just such a dork"

"Hey am not!", he defended.

"Totally are"

We kept going back and forth for a while and I lost track of everything I had to get.

"Okay, okay let's stop now, I need to shop seriously", I laugh.

"Alright princess", he slightly rolled his eyes.

I look at the list on my and see the next item was canned pickles so I go to the aisle, Jake following behind with the cart.

"So, how long does this usually take?", he asked when we reach the pickles.

"Why, bored already?", I take the can and walk towards the cart to put it in.

I look at him and he looked at me, and my heart did a slights whirl for some reason.