uppat

'Huwag ka mag-alala, maayos ang kalagayan niya dito at balita ko umalis si Greg for some business trip kaya huwag ka na maging praning riyan' She said that gave me relief.

"Okay, thank you manang" I heard how she scolded the children over the phone and how she shouted repeatedly while calling for Kuya Tommy, so I just laughed. Mukhang naka dragon mode nanaman siya..

She didn't speak anymore and seemed busy scolding, so I hung up and put down my phone. I glanced at a frame beside me, it's our family picture. I adjusted my seating and picked it up. I smiled widely when I saw how happy we were in it, complete and joyful during those days. I shifted and my gaze focused on Greggy, I realized that I had been staring at his face for a while, so I quickly looked away and returned to working on my laptop.

After a few hours, Gabriel finally arrived.

"Sa wakas! Dumating ka rin, gutom na gutom na ko eh" I said and stood up, then approached him. He gave me a paper bag filled with a lot of food, so I smiled.

"Alam kong matakaw ka kaya dinamihan ko na"  He said grumpily, so I hugged him.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I immediately sat on my couch and took out the food from the paper bag. I placed it on the table in front of me and opened each one slowly.

"Hindi ko talaga alam kung ano yung boss o ikaw eh, napaka demanding mo" While munching on the food, I glanced at him. It looks like he's starting to complain. Natawa naman ako dahil totoo naman ang kanyang sinabi, between the two of us, I am the secretary, but I am the one being followed and I also don't know why.

"By the way, we have a dinner meeting later. Get ready because we will meet the owner and the person interested in sponsoring our new project." I just nodded, so he smiled and left the office.

~

"That Araneta is really getting on my nerves." I stopped when I heard people talking inside the bathroom, I didn't enter right away and listened to them. 

"Me too, she really annoys me. Rank 1 siya sa overall, like what the hell?? Sure naman ako na  ginamit niya yung pagiging sikat at mayaman niya" The voice of a woman sounds familiar to me.

"Nakakainis siya, I hate her! Pasalamat talaga siya at pamangkin siya ng presidente kaya hindi siya pwede sugudin" My eyebrows raised at what she said and I peeked to see who the two were talking. Oh wow, it was my annoying classmates who always seek attention from me. 

"May araw rin sakin yang babaeng yan" I smiled and entered the bathroom, which surprised them as they looked at me from the reflection in the mirror.

"Refering to me?" They both faced me and looked at me as if they were scared.

"Ganito pala epekto kapag hindi napapansin yung papansin?" They bowed down

"Oh, why did you suddenly get scared? Can't handle face-to-face? Ang lalakas niyo ko pag-usapan behind my back, bakit? Idol niyo ba ko? Sabagay, that's where you belong naman, sa LIKURAN" I approached them with my arms crossed.

"What's that? I'm using my wealth and fame kaya ako rank 1? Really? Wow! How can you say that when we both know that even if I were poor or unfamous like you, I would still be the one to rank 1. My name would still be at the top. Oh baka naman bitter lang kayo kasi hindi niyo ako maangatan o hindi niyo magaya ang isang tulad ko?" I said sarcastically and laughed. I smiled as I positioned myself between them, leaning on the sink, and glanced at both of them.

"Also, pasalamat ako dahil pamangkin ako ng presidente? Oh gosh, if only I could be proud, but unfortunately, I'm not. Hindi niyo ko kayang sugurin kasi pamangkin ako ng presidente o dahil hindi niyo talaga ako kaya? Why? Natatakot kayo dahil isa akong black belter? Oh please, stop with the excuses" I saw one of them give me a side-eye, so I grinned. Good job Celestina, konti nalang...