pito

Irene is getting ready for their family dinner, which also coincides with Ferdinand and Imelda's anniversary celebration.

She's currently wearing a black skirt with a white turtleneck top and a black blazer. She gazed at herself in the mirror—nothing has changed. She's still as beautiful and youthful as ever.

When she found it, she sprayed it on her wrist and took a sniff. Instead of feeling pleased, her expression turned sour as if the scent made her feel nauseous.

She quickly closed the bottle and returned it to its place.

"Gosh, why does it smell different?" she asked herself.

She searched for another perfume to use but found nothing that pleased her; none of them smelled good to her.

Unwilling to attend the event without wearing any perfume, she moved over to Greggy's wardrobe and checked out his collection instead.

She found the perfume she had gifted Greggy on their wedding day. She sprayed it on her wrist and took a sniff. A smile spread across her face as she inhaled the scent. It was perfect—not too strong, not too sweet, just right.

She sprayed it on her wrist again and gently patted it together. Next, she applied it behind her ears and on the back of her neck.

After getting ready, she went downstairs and found her family waiting. Everyone looked at her and smiled.

"Wow so pretty mommy!" Luis greeted

"Ang ganda naman ng irene ko" Irene was surprised when someone suddenly put an arm around her. She looked over and saw Alfonso smiling at her.

"Fernando!" Greggy's scolding made both of them look over.

Alfonso chuckled softly, let go of Irene, and continued down the stairs.

"Jeez chill dad, hindi ko aagawin si mommy sayo" He joked further, making Irene smile. Alfonso really loved teasing his father.

"Anyway mauuna na kami, I'll drive and sakin sasabay ang mga kapatid ko."

Alfonso signaled to the twins, and they immediately followed his cue, heading out to the car.

Irene raised an eyebrow and finally made her way down the stairs.

"Si Riela?" She suddenly asked, noticing that everyone was in the living room except for Riela.

"Ohh she went ahead, driving on her own. Mukhang ayaw ata tayo kasabay, bad mood eh"

'She drove alone? Why didn’t she tell me?' Irene thought, overwhelmed with questions and concern. However, she pushed these thoughts aside and simply nodded.

"Okay, how about your wife? Si andy? Nasaan sila?" She asked

"Ahh, about that, they won’t be able to come because Andy has a mild fever." Alfonso explained.

Irene felt a sudden sadness because she really wanted to see Andy, especially since it had been a while since she last saw him.

She simply nodded, and they each got into their respective vehicles.

Alfonso drove off in his Rolls-Royce Phantom with his siblings, while Greggy followed in his black BMW X7, driving with only Irene in the car.

Behind them, there were several convoys trailing, ensuring that their surroundings were well-protected.

"I see that you're wearing my favorite perfume" Greggy broke the silence.

Irene glanced at him, smiling at the mention of 'favorite perfume.'