Chapter 1: A Very Special Job

It was a bright sunny day on the Isle of Sodor, and Thomas the Tank Engine was happily puffing along his branch line with Annie and Clarabel. He was very responsible, he was very reliable, and most importantly, he was really useful. So useful, Sir Topham Hatt had a very special job for him. Thomas puffed into Knapford Station, where he saw Sir Topham on the platform.

Sir Topham Hatt: "Good morning, Thomas."

Thomas: "Good morning, sir."

Sir Topham Hatt: "Have I got a very special job just for you."

Thomas: "What is it, sir?"

Sir Topham Hatt: "Though it is far, I must send you on a very long journey to the City of Trolberg, to pick up very important cargo, and bring it back to Sodor."

Thomas: "Yes, sir. I'd be honored to help you."

Sir Topham Hatt: "Splendid. You leave first thing tomorrow morning. Off you go to get some rest. You've got a busy day ahead of you. Bring Annie and Clarabel with you on the journey. Take a rest at the stops, which are London, Greendale, Pencaster, Pontypandy, and your final destination, which is Trolberg."

Thomas was very excited for his adventure, and puffed off to rest. But little did he know, someone lived outside the city.