Prologue

^Fluffy/Sleekwing

https://warriors-ocs.fandom.com/wiki/Jaggedstar(OC)  :Jaggedspine(The rest of the sibs r there too)

A sleek, rich brown cat with a striking orange tail leaped gracefully down from the fence. In a swift, fluid motion, she sliced through her collar, letting it fall to the ground. Turning to her eldest daughter, she did the same, freeing her from the collar with a single, precise slash.

She turned to her firstborn, her son Patches, and sliced his collar off too. Then, she freed Night and Hornet from their collars as well. Jagged, the eldest daughter, watched with amusement as the collars fell to the ground.

Jagged turned to her mother, questioning, "Do we not need these anymore?" Fluffy chuckled softly, shaking her head. "No more, Jagged. No more. Follow!" With that, Fluffy trotted confidently across the street, her kits scurrying after her as fast as their small legs could carry them.

They reached a vast, great plain, where the endless grass seemed to stretch to the horizon. Jagged, Patches, Night, and Hornet groaned in unison, their tiny legs aching from the journey. But Fluffy continued, urging them forward as she ran across the plain with determined strides.

Once the four kits caught up, Fluffy trotted a few paw steps ahead and beckoned them closer. They followed her, their eyes widening at the sight of the bigger cats towering over them. Some cats, as small as they were, stared at them with wide, curious eyes. Jagged, feeling overwhelmed, looked away and pressed herself against Fluffy, seeking comfort.

A reddish-brown she-cat with a white chest stood high on a rock, her eyes gleaming with authority. She spoke in a slick, smooth voice, commanding attention from all around.

"Spirits of StarClan! You know every cat by name. I ask you now to take away the name from the cat that you see before you, for it no longer stands for what she is. By my authority as Clan leader, and with the approval of our Warrior ancestors, I give this cat a new name. From this moment on, she will be known as Sleekwing."

The she-cat then turned her gaze to Patches, who cowered back, his eyes wide with fear. She narrowed her eyes but continued in the same commanding tone:

"Spirits of StarClan! You know every cat by name. I ask you now to take away the name from the cat that you see before you, for it no longer stands for what he is. By my authority as Clan leader, and with the approval of our Warrior ancestors, I give this cat a new name. From this moment on, he will be known as Pathkit."

She then turned to Jagged, yawning before she continued, "Spirits of StarClan! You know every cat by name. I ask you now to take away the name from the cat that you see before you, for it no longer stands for what she is. By my authority as Clan leader, and with the approval of our Warrior ancestors, I give this cat a new name. From this moment on, she will be known as Jaggedkit."

Jaggedkit tilted her head in curiosity. Night turned to her sister and whispered, "Does she have a script or someth—" but she was abruptly cut off by the red she-cat clearing her throat, silencing the kits.

"Spirits of StarClan! You know every cat by name. I ask you now to take away the name from the cat that you see before you, for it no longer stands for what she is. By my authority as Clan leader, and with the approval of our Warrior ancestors, I give this cat a new name. From this moment on, she will be known as Nightkit," the red she-cat declared, staring straight at Night. Nightkit nodded quickly, then backed away behind Sleekwing, seeking the comfort of her mother's presence.

Finally, she turned to Hornet. "Spirits of StarClan! You know every cat by name. I ask you now to take away the name from the cat that you see before you, for it no longer stands for what he is. By my authority as Clan leader, and with the approval of our Warrior ancestors, I give this cat a new name. From this moment on, he will be known as Hornetkit."

Hornetkit stood tall, his eyes bright with determination, as he accepted his new name.

Jaggedkit was nudged over to the nursery where a tan kit bounced toward her. "Hello! I'm Jaguarkit!" the tan kit exclaimed with a cheerful grin.

Jaggedkit looked at her, slightly taken aback by her enthusiasm. "I'm Jaggedkit," she replied, her voice soft and cautious.

And the story of a leader....

Begins