𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒆𝒙 '𝑮𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑪𝒐𝒇𝒇𝒆𝒆'

suggested by KaiiYAY

(word count: 1007)

⊱ ─── [ 💌 ] ─── ⊰

Alex works at the Silly Goose Cafe with her best friend, Levi. Charli is still obsessed with Light, obviously. Alex doesn't really have any squad crushes at the moment and is still getting over Jade and Zach leaving their group. (Charlex, one-sided Charlight)

TW: substitutes for swear words

Alex's POV:

Charli walked into the cafe. I managed to smile at her, yet still stressed about everything. One thing felt different. The smile wasn't forced like how it normally is. I felt my face warming up, but I just try to ignore it. "Hey Charli!" I say, smiling at her.

"Oh, hey Alex!" Charli says, happily.

"How's Light?" I ask. I know Light doesn't like Charli at all, but maybe she could change that. Maybe she could change it for me- What did I just think? Ugh, nevermind.

"Oh, I don't think he likes me.. Maybe I should just give up, Alex." Charli says, tears entering her eyes.

"Are you okay?" I ask, I know she isn't.

"Yea, I'm okay." Charli still looks like she's about to cry.

"One minute, Charli, I need to tell Levi to take over the orders, I need to talk to you." I say, going to the back. "Levi, get your lazy ash up and take orders, I have to take off for personal reasons."

"Sure, Alex, but I think you're being the lazy beach right now." Levi joked.

"Levi, just do it, I'll explain later." I said, annoyed.

"It better be a good explanation, Alex." Levi rolled his eyes and took the job. I left with Charli.

We sat on a bench near the cafe. "Charli, let it out." I hugged Charli and she cried. "It's okay, Char."

"Th-thanks, Alex, I feel better now." Charli said, blushing a little. I smiled.

"It's okay Charli. Anytime." I said, "Now let's harass Levi into making us coffee!" I said, trying to cheer up the mood.

"There's also milk tea, right?" Charli said. I forgot she didn't like coffee.

"Oh, Yea!" I said. Charli got up and dusted herself off.

"Let's forget about freaking Light!" Charli said, happy. I felt happy too. Why am I feeling so weird..?

"Alex?" Charli said, "Stop dozing off- you never doze off!"

"S-sorry!" I said, standing up. Maybe I liked Charli? Ugh, forget it. She just got traumatized by love.

"Anyways, come on Alex!" Charli said, pulling me back to the Silly Goose Cafe. We made it through the doors. The cafe was empty, as usual. "Levi, give us the Orange Milk Tea and Alex's Fav Coffee!" Charli said, almost crossing the counter.

"One strawberry milkshake with two straws? Okay." Levi said, grinning with mischief.

"Levi!" I blushed, and Charli looked at me. 

(I have motivation to draw so here.)

"It's the Silly Goose Cafe, we always get orders wrong

"It's the Silly Goose Cafe, we always get orders wrong." Levi joked.

"It's okay Alex, I'm sure we can share!" Charli said, patting my back. I blushed and looked away.

"Okay, Charli, I guess." we sat down and waited for the milkshake.

"So, Alex, how are you?" Charli asked.

"Still thinking about the drama with Jade and Zach," I said, sighing.

"Awe, are you any better mentally?" Charli said.

"Well, kind of? I think I'm starting to move on." I said, I was moving on to Charli.

Charli's POV:

"Yea, I think I have a new crush that won't break my heart repetitively like Light!" I said, thinking about Alex. Maybe I was just in my 'moving on' phase, but I thought Alex was sweeter than Luca about it. I did think Luca liked Light, anyways.

"Oh, me too," Alex said, slightly blushing.

"Oooh, who is it?" I asked.

"You two idiots, your milkshake is ready." Levi said, he obviously knew he was cutting me off.

"I'm rating one star!" Alex said, we all laughed.

"Okay, fine." Levi handed us our milkshake.

"Well, let's just say it's someone really cute!" Alex said.

"It is?" I asked, "Everyone in our highschool is cute, Alex!"

"I guess you're right.." Alex rolled her eyes at me. She blushed a little. I blushed too. It was odd? I almost forgot why we were here.

I sipped the milkshake. Alex took a sip. We took turns until it was empty.

"Woah-" I said, "Levi you're good at making-"

"Charli, it's just us." Alex said, "Levi went to the back."

We both blushed.

"I- okay." I said, turning away.

"Anyways, Charli, now I must ask you a question." Alex said.

"What is it? Please don't ask me who-"

"Who do you like?" Alex said.

"Uhh well.. They're cute, funny, smart, positive, and nice.." I said, trying not to give it away. It was obviously Alex.

"Oh?" Alex said, smiling.

"Ugh, do I really have to name drop? You didn't name drop for me. You just called them cute." I said to Alex.

"Fine, I don't deserve to learn yours I guess. I bet you two are so cute together though!" Alex said, I blushed.

"I bet you two are even cuter together. I mean, you did say your secret love was cute. They must be very cute if you call them cute, though!" I said, I didn't know who she was talking about. Why did I hope it was me? Well, whatever. 

I shipped Alex with Levi for a while. I didn't understand Alex that well during that time, though. Now, I know she's Levi's best friend.

"Anyways, should we get going?" I ask Alex, standing up.

"No, wait." Alex says. "I have to tell you something because you never told me."

"Yea?" I ask, was she about to say what I was thinking?

"Charli, I love you." Alex said, blushing super hard.

"I love you too, Alex!" I said, hugging Alex.

"Wait really? I thought you'd still be hung on Light.." Alex said, smiling.

"Well, not really, he's just Light." I said. Of course I was a big simp for him, but that's over now.

"Oh, then wanna be my girlfriend?" Alex said, blushing and smiling. It wasn't a question to me, I'd have said yes a million times if I had the patience.

"What kind of question is that? Of course!" I blush and hug Alex. Now I have someone to simp for. Heh.