𝑳𝒖𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝑨𝒏𝒈𝒔𝒕 *𝑰 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒏𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔*

(word count: 1031)

suggested by @ghosty_the_bi_ghost -

⊱ ─── [ 💌 ] ─── ⊰

(High School AU) So it takes place when Luca still likes Charli, yet Charli still likes Light. Light has found a new crush, obviously. Charli and Luca are sitting at lunch with Light and Sora. We won't focus on Sora for right now though. Light and Luca are in a one-sided rivalry in this AU because Luca hates Light after he rejected Charli, yet Charli still loves him. (Also they argue a lot, but Light for some reason likes Luca) A little Charluca?

TW: Mentions of Dead Bodies, Faking Death.

Luca's POV:

I sat down next to Charli again. I opened the white lunchbox Levi gave me last year before highschool started. Charli was of course trying to talk to Light, but their conversations always sounded something like this.

"Light, how are you?"

"Charli, I'm fine, you should just give up."

"Aww thanks Light, I love you too!"

"Charli."

I hated how much Light ignored Charli's feelings for him. Charli was the cutest girl in the school. At least he gave me a chance. Every time I tried to confess to Charli, it never went well. I'd tell her I loved her, then she'd sibling or best friend zone me. It was hard to get mad at someone as cute as Charli, so I was never mad.

"Luca?" Charli said, seeing if I was paying attention.

"Oh- yea sorry?" I answered, blushing of embarrassment. It wasn't like me to just drift off into my own thoughts.

"Luca, I got a new dog! I wanted to ask if you could come to my house to meet him." Charli said, enthusiastic as always.

"Oh, of course, but cats are better." I said in my childish tone.

"Agreed," Light said. I didn't want to say anything to him. Light's heart was as cold as a freezer, you know, the ones where doctors put corpses so they don't decompose as fast as a normal body.

"Yea, cats are better!" Charli said as soon as she heard Light's opinion on cats. Maybe it was time for her to calm down. "You can come over too, Light." I didn't want to hear those words at all. I tried my hardest to force a smile and say nothing while I felt like yelling at Charli.

At Charli's house, Light's POV:

Luca wasn't very inviting when we got there. I could admit Luca was cute, yet I didn't understand how much he ignored me.

"This is my new dog, Oreo! I got him from a shelter." Charli said, pointing to a golden retriever. I almost laughed when I heard the name.

"Charli, I don't think Oreo is a suitable name for it-"

"Light, shut up, it's still a cutie patootie." Luca cut me off. I couldn't help but blush. Luca went to pet the dog, "Hey Oreo," Luca looked cute as hell with the puppy, yet I didn't want to ruin the mood.

"Hi, Oreo." I handed Oreo a treat. I didn't really love the dog as much as Luca or Charli, but it was okay.

"Want to watch a movie now?" Charli suggested.

"Oh, I have to go, Alex and I have dinner with some relatives." I made up a lie.

"Oh." Charli said, but then of course she went back to Luca.

Luca's POV:

I finally had some time to share with Charli. All alone.

"It's okay, Luca and I can watch movies together instead!" Charli said, she sounded excited, but not as excited as before Light made up his excuse. I bet Alex was probably scrolling through TikTok with Levi.

I watched Light leave. He looked more relieved than anything. I couldn't understand his excuses.

"Luca, what movie?" Charli asked, getting the TV ready.

"I don't care, you pick. I bet you have good taste in movies." I said, making popcorn.

"Okay!" Charli switched the TV to a movie, but she waited until I was ready to press play. I finally got the popcorn out of the microwave and headed over to Charli. I looked up at the TV.

"The Paw Patrol Movie?" I asked in horror. I was scared for Charli's mental health now.

"Yep! It's a very cute movie." Charli said, not noticing the horror.

"Oh, yea!" I said, covering up how scared I was for Charli. Wasn't Paw Patrol for toddlers?

Light's POV, Stalking Luca and Charli.

Three months later, Luca starts losing their feelings for Charli, but Charli starts gaining feelings for Luca. Charli had asked Luca to go to the Cherry Tree with her. It was of course the scene for Charli and Luca.. but what about Light?

"Luca, I finally think I should tell you this." Charli held her breath.

"Oh, really?" I saw Charli was blushing, Luca was blushing, but not a lot.

"I think I like you-"

"I do too," Luca admitted.

I teared up behind another tree. This wasn't fair. I liked Luca. Why couldn't Charli just back down and get someone who actually liked her? I bet Luca only liked her a little bit. I hate this.

"So are we dating?" Charli asked, she looked happy. She used to be happy when she was with me. I wished Luca was more honest with Charli. 

As soon as school was over, I went home and locked myself in my room. I didn't want to interact with anyone ever again. No friends. No family. What's life?

Luca's POV, a year later:

"Okay, uh, Charli, have you ever seen Light since that day?" I ask, scrolling through my phone.

"Why is everything about Light now, Luca?" Charli says, "Plus, I'm just as confused as you are."

"Charli, I'm sorry, but I'm just scared." I admit. We never did really talk about each other since Light went missing. Alex couldn't even confirm what happened to Light.

"It's okay.. Luca, I just don't think we're for each other, you know?" Charli says. Finally. I didn't have to pretend much longer.

"Oh, okay." I say. Why am I still pretending? It's over. Now to focus on Light.

I went over to Alex's home with Levi. Levi and Alex were cosplaying, so I went to see what was going on in Light's room. The door was locked. "L-Light?" I said.

No answer.

"Light. I don't know where you are, but I love you." I said to Light's door, then went to cry.

(I haven't written an angst before so I hope this is good?)