Chapter 27

Dylan stared out the window of the plane and yawned. He was pretty tired. This last week had been physically exhausting. He was glad they were almost home now. He couldn't wait to sleep in his own bed.

He especially couldn't wait to see Violet. He'd really missed her, much more than he'd thought he would. Much more than he'd ever missed Celeste, which really surprised him. He knew it was because the bond between them had never been nurtured, but then again, he'd barely been around Violet. But he'd kissed her, and now he was constantly thinking about how her lips felt pressed against his.

The trip to Brazil had been insane. There were two packs located in Brazil and one had decided to attack the other. The one being attacked had called Damien, who had alerted Malachi of what was going on. They'd quickly began to throw a plan of action together and had departed as soon as they could, only a few hours later. They'd waited for Daniel and Caleb to get back from a trip they were on, then took off for Brazil. They'd ended up landing right in the thick of the fight.

It wasn't long after they'd landed that they'd found themselves in the middle of battle. Dylan had never been involved in a war before but some of the others had and knew exactly what to do.

Dylan would be lying if he said he hadn't enjoyed it. Not the death, or the fact that a pack was being destroyed, but the basic part of it. The part where he was able to allow his wolf and panther to be in control. Allowed them to get out all of their fury and anger. The part where he'd given in to his wild side and allowed it free. A part of him had been freaked out by the fact that he was enjoying it, until he realized he wasn't the only one. They'd all felt that way. It was dark, yes, but it was also freeing. 

He knew if so many of them hadn't gone, he and Damien would have probably been stuck down there for twice as long as they had, if not longer. Daniel and Caleb had stayed, opting to send everyone else back home while they got the packs situated. Dylan had approached them about it, and reminded them that those were his and Damien's packs.

Caleb had just looked at him and rolled his eyes. "Stop looking the gift horse in the mouth. Do you even know your mate's name yet?"

Daniel's mouth had dropped open as he two studied Dylan. "You don't know her name?"

Dylan shot a glare at Caleb. "It's VIolet."

"Violet what?" Caleb asked him with a smirk.

Yeah, he didn't know that. 

"To be fair, she didn't 't know his name until the day we left," Damien offered. "Apparently I always refer to Dylan as my brother."

Dylan turned to look at him. "Really?"

Damien shrugged. "I never noticed until she asked me."

"It took her that long?" Hadn't she wanted to know before that?

Caleb snorted. "You didn't know her name either. Did you make a decision?"

"No."

"And that's why you were making out with her in the kitchen, right?" Damien chose that moment to speak up. 

Dylan shot a glare at him. "She's eighteen."

"So?" Daniel crossed his arms. 

Dylan glanced back at them both and sighed. Arguing it with them was an uphill battle, and frankly, they were right. Both of them had mated women who were hundreds of years younger than them. Human women. He didn't have a leg to stand on. 

After the battle had finally ended and the first chance he'd gotten, he'd checked for any messages from Violet, and was disappointed that there were none. It had also made him worry, and he'd linked his brother for her number.