Chapter 57

Dylan headed back home quickly, eager to see Violet again. He was getting to the point where he wanted to be around her all the time. He hated not being around her. His need to claim her was there, though it wasn't his main focus. Not yet, though he knew eventually it would be. Eventually it would consume him. But he wouldn't let it get that far. He'd sink his teeth into her pretty little neck well before he hit that point. And he'd let her sink her teeth into his own. 

Dylan walked into the house, glad Damien and Vanessa had disappeared. He smiled to himself and shook his head. They might need to set some ground rules, but he'd worry about that later. He headed up the steps and could easily detect Violet's scent coming from the bathroom. She was still in the tub. He sat the food trays down on his dresser, grabbed the shake and headed into the bathroom. He could smell the blood in it, but that didn't surprise him any. He was just glad she wouldn't be able to. 

Violet looked beautiful like always, laying there with her head resting back against the pillow, her eyes closed. "Hi."

"Hi. Did I wear you out?" 

Her eyes snapped open. "No, but you were gone for a long time."

"Parting with my blood isn't exactly an easy process. I heal much too quickly," he said. 

"Is that it?" 

"Yup." He handed her the cup and watched her look at it. 

She took a deep breath. "Bottom's up." She tipped it back and drank it quickly. 

Dylan watched her quietly and swallowed. There was a small part of him that was afraid something would go wrong, though Daniel and Dominic were confident that everything would be fine. He hoped so. He couldn't handle losing another mate. 

She handed the cup back to him. "Not bad."

"Did you taste the blood?" he asked curiously, then wondered if he should have asked.

"No. I'm actually a bit hungry," she admitted. 

"I brought food back for us from the pack house, if you're ready to get out." he told her. 

She nodded, and Dylan stepped forward to help her. He grabbed a large fluffy towel and wrapped it around her when she stood, then lifted her up. 

"You're going to get wet," she murmured. 

"Like I care," he responded, kissing her gently on the lips. He carried her back into the bedroom and sat her on the bed. He then grabbed the two meals and brought them back over and sat down on the bed as well. 

They both ate silently, devouring the meal of eggs, bacon, sausage, hasbrowns, biscuits and gravy. Or at least Dylan did. "Are you full?"

"Yes. How do you eat like this?" she asked, eyeing his empty plate.

He laughed. "You'll eat like this soon."

"Probably not," she muttered, handing him her plate and watching him eat what she hadn't. "It's good, but I'm so full."

"Shake probably didn't help, either," Dylan muttered softly. He moved the plates out of the way, then turned to her and watched her yawn. "I think I did wear you out some."

Violet shrugged. "Maybe. I feel like I need a nap."

Dylan nodded and they both crawled in the bed. Violet was asleep seconds after her head hit the pillow, and Dylan grabbed his book. He wasn't about to leave the room. He was still a bit concerned about her and what might happen. 

Hours passes and Dylan glanced at the time. She'd been asleep for three hours now. How long should it take for her to start to change? he linked Daniel.