Background

There are pieces of the MCU and the comics that I just love and I hate that we never got to see them together, and other pieces I chose to create/change. To help readers understand what pieces have been pulled from what universe I have complied this. 

While training in the Red Room Natasha meets the Winter Soldier. Brought in to the train the girls. It is during this time that the two fall in love, the relationship is kept secret with plans for both to escape and start lives together outside of the KGB/Red Room/Hydra. But they are caught, Bucky is wiped and placed back in cryofreeze, while Natasha is forced to watch and threatened that if she goes after him they will kill him.

Up until Civil War most things remain untouched. While Bucky is recovering in Wakanda, Natasha visits him to rekindle their relationship. She visits a handful of times before the events of Infinity War take place. They kept their relationship quiet from everyone, including Steve. The Events of End Game take place only a year later, with Pepper just learning of her pregnancy. Tony survives the snap, with severe complications. He cannot live outside the Iron Man suit, but cannot use it to the same extent he could before. 

While returning the stones to their rightful places the soul stone is given back, Steve arguing that the deal was a soul for a soul. Steve sends Natasha home while he finishes his mission. History says Peggy Carter married an unnamed soldier, shortly after their marriage she died of health complications. Steve returned to the upstate campus, mission completed, holding young boy. He refuses to speak on it, but most know what happened.

Five months later the events surrounding Leo Novokov occur, leaving Bucky Barnes shattered as Natasha's memories of him are erased. He decides not to push her to remember. Fearful that she will only get hurt again because of him. But somethings are just meant to be, and S.H.I.E.L.D. keeps everything on file. Natasha uses the files and friends to piece things back together, and only a year later they are on a mission together again, at the request of a familiar face. Yelena Belova. Together the three track down the rest of the 'family' they'd made in Ohio. 

While attempting to take down the Red Room, Natasha and Bucky stumble upon information leading to the exchange of infants for money. Hundreds of girls roped into the Red Room in exchange for a few hundred Rubles. The information points to the date and location of the next exchange point. The two take on the mission and during the attempt to stop it the child's birth mother is killed. S.H.I.E.L.D. attempted to track down the infants family but little information was found. Natasha and Bucky made the decision to take the little one in as their own.

As the Avengers age, and their children grown a program is put into  place to train their children, to help them become the heroes the world so desperately needs. That is where this story begins.