2: Awakening

CHAPTER TWO

AFTER relaying the message over the intercom, the security guard gestured for Gale to sit in the dormitory's waiting lounge.

He waited, feeling the eyes of the passersby on him, until he saw the doors of the dormitory flung open. Out walked a group of women, and among them, a vision of unparalleled beauty made her way towards him. Her fitted purple t-shirt accentuated her curves, highlighting her ample bosom, while her short denim skirt showcased her slender, flawless legs. Each step she took was graceful, her hips swaying with an elegance that seemed almost otherworldly.

A mere glimpse of her was like looking at an angel from heaven.

For a moment, Gale was spellbound by the sight of Sherly White, one of the Academy's most beautiful students, listed among the top ten beauties of the school.

"You piece of trash!"

However, Sherly's harsh words snapped him back to reality. Her voice was sharp, a stark contrast to her angelic appearance.

Gale quickly composed himself, straightening up in his seat as Sherly stormed toward him, her face twisted with anger. He barely had time to react before she was standing in front of him, snatching the flowers from his hands and threw it into the ground.

"Do you seriously think I would be happy with these cheap flowers?" She screamed, her voice echoing around them as she stomped on the expensive bouquet. "You're overestimating yourself! Have you looked your face in the mirror before coming here?" Her disgusted glare pierced through him.

Gale was left speechless, his face flushing red with embarrassment. He hung his head, realizing too late that Kenny had set him up for this public humiliation.

'That bastard. Why does he always do this to me?'

"This guy must have something wrong with his head. Even a cheap girl would refuse him, what more Sherly?"

"This country bumpkin really thinks highly of himself."

"Damn! Sherly put him in his place."

"He was rejected before he could even speak. How embarrassing."

"Hahaha! Serves him right."

The mocking comments from the gathered crowd hit Gale like a series of blows. Humiliated, he slowly stood up, avoiding eye contact, and turned to leave.

"Don't ever come near me again, or I'll sue you for harassment!" Sherly shouted after him, her voice dripping with irritation. "I'll tell my boyfriend what you did today. Be ready for he will surely beat you up, you loser!"

With his head down and his pride shattered, Gale hurriedly left the area, trying to ignore the people filming the scene on their phones. Each step felt like an eternity as he silently cursed Kenny for his cruelty.

'Why does he enjoy making a fool out of me? Is this why he gave me a 100 pesos-because he planned to embarrass me like this?' Gale protester in his mind.

He could have told Sherly that it was Kenny who asked him to give her those flowers to avoid embarrassment.

But it was all too late now, and even if Sherly would believe him - which is no possible given her reaction, Kenny would surely deny that he had asked him to do it. He would still look like a fool by then.

Instead of heading back to the dormitory, Gale tried sought solace in his favorite place within the Academy: the Redwood's mini-lake. This serene spot was situated in the middle of a twenty-hectare artificial forest called Redwood Forest. The peaceful environment provided a retreat for stressed students, a place for them to relax and escape from the pressure.