𝙿𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎 1 - 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚜𝚞𝚌𝚔𝚜

Your POV

I sat on the edge of my bed, staring at the notebook I had in my hands. My new room was finally coming together. We had just moved house, to the Kantō region. Right in Tokyo. Not convenient for me, not at all.

I'm mute, meaning I just can't physically talk. It was caused by some physical trauma I suffered as a child. It messed up my vocal cords and now they're completely useless.

I tried learning sign language but that was a fail, it was all too difficult to remember. So I just took around any sort of notepad I had and used that to communicate. I got that idea from A Silent Voice and it worked pretty well.

Aside from the fact that making friends was so annoying. No one wanted to be friends with me. People didn't want to feel as though they were talking to a wall.

I tried to not dwell on the past. Maybe this would be different. New city, new people, new friends? I could only hope.

I kept staring at the notebook. I needed a new one. It was almost full, mostly with conversations with my parents. I hated changing notebooks, especially if I was in the middle of an unfinished conversation. Change sucks.

I have to start my new school tomorrow. I would've started today but there was a delay or something. I hated changing schools too. Having to find my way around, make new friends, ugh. The idea of it was uncomfortable. Change really sucks.