Darkness Rising 2

"...And since you now know of our existence, I fear that as of last night, the Decepticons know of yours," Optimus said in a deep and solemn tone. Olivia tapped her arm awkwardly, glancing around.

"Ok...got it, if we spot any strange vehicles, call 911." Jack nodded. Olivia snorted, causing all optics and eyes to fall on her. She masked her laugh with a cough, "Continue."

"So, uhm...can we go now...?" He asked, giving Olivia a weird look, which she ignored.

"Are you insane!?" Miko exclaimed angrily. "I'm living a dream here in botswana, and I will not allow you or anyone else to shatter it!"

"It is best that you four remain under our watch, at least until we can determine our enemy's intentions." Optimus stated, tilting his helm at Miko. Ratchet's optics immediately fell on the leader.

"Optimus, with all due respect, the human children are in as much danger here as anywhere," Ratchet huffed out a laugh.

"Children?!" Jack exclaimed while Olivia just gave the medic an unamused look.

"They have no protective shell, if they go underfoot, they will go...squish," Ratchet muttered to Optimus, putting a pede closer to them for emphasis.

"Then for the time being, Ratchet, we must watch where we step." Optimus replied, putting both servos on his hips. If Olivia didn't know any better, she'd say he looked amused.

"Now that that has been taken care of, I believe introductions are in order," The leader said, his optics scanning through his team.

"This is Ratchet. Our chief medical officer."

Ratchet grumbled, walking away toward his work station.

"Arcee. One of our warriors."

Arcee nodded, an unamused look on her face, like she didn't want to be here. Olivia had felt that.

"Bulkhead. Our other warrior."

"Uhm...Hi." The big green wrecking ball waved awkwardly. Olivia gave him a mock salute, Miko waved back excitedly, and the other two boys just stared at him.

"Bumblebee. Our scout."

Bumblebee shot the humans with finger guns, making the humans chuckle.

"And I," Optimus said, making the kids turn to him as he stood up to his full height. "am Optimus Prime, leader of the-"

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP!!!

An alarm sounded throughout the base, emitting a green light with it.

"W...What's that?" Jack asked in a panicked tone.

::Oh, it's a proximity sensor. It means someone's up top.::

"Proximity sensor. Means someone's up top." Olivia and Raf explained at the same time, making the two look at each other before looking away awkwardly.

"It's Agent Fowler..." Ratchet muttered in an irritated tone.

"I thought we were the only humans who knew about you guys...?" Jack looked up at the bots.

"Special Agent Fowler is our designated liaison to the outside world, as he tends to visit only when there are...issues. It may be best if you did not meet him at this time." Optimus explained. The kids exchanged glances as Olivia made a beeline for the bottom of the stairway, making the others hurry after her. Moments later, they heard the smooth slide of an elevator door opening.

"Seven wrecks, thirty-four fender benders, a three-hour traffic jam and a particular note, numerous reports of a speeding motorcycle of unknown make and a black and yellow custom muscle car." A voice exclaimed in pure anger. Olivia, against her better judgment, took a peek. There, she saw a man standing on the platform, his large frame making him hard to miss. He wore a gray suit that looked too tight, especially around his round belly. His tie was crooked. His dark eyes were intense, set in a face with deep lines. His slicked-back black hair gave him a stern look.