Mysterious Love

Pairings: Kate Sharma + Penelope Featherington

Warnings: Self shaming, people trying to bully others ( If you yourself are being bullied please talk to someone you trust)

The small mumbling didn't go unheard by Eloise as she looked at the smaller plump lady who was in the room she was heading toward. She stood by the entrance as she heard Penelope speaking to herself. 

"I could never be best. They all was skinny ladies. I'm not skinny." She heard the other lady take a shuddering breath as emotion laced her voice. "No one will ever court me." A sob broke from Penelope as she over thought all the way nobody courted the young woman. 

With a soft knock Eloise opened the door fully. "Penelope?" She asked as she entered the room. "Oh! Eloise." Penelope turned away quickly to wipe her eyes and turned around again to face the taller woman with a smile. 

"How are you feeling?" Eloise asked standing awkwardly in the middle of the room. "I'm doing great." Penelope lied as she fidgeted with her dress that held lace and small ruffles. Her dress was a soft pink with lace over it and the ruffles that where at the waist and bottom of her dress. "Don't lie to Pen. I overheard you." Eloise played with the fan she held in her hand. "I may know of your secret but that's not a way to speak about yourself." Eloise said as she walked closer and she seen the frown on Penelope's face. 

"El, I-I" Penelope broke down crying as she went and hugged Eloise. "I'm sorry, I know everything has been hard on you." Eloise muttered in the others hair. "You do not need to apologize. I shouldn't have even picked up that quill in the first place." Penelope shook her as she let go of the other lady. 

Eloise grabbed Penelopes hand as she pulled her toward the small vanity that Penelope had. "Look." Eloise said as she pulled Penelope in front of her. "Eloise?" 

"Do you want to know who I see?"

Penelope sighed as she chewed her lip, a habit she picked up from her mother, she nodded. 

"I see a young courtable woman, who is confident and strong. Picking up that quill was the best thing you could've ever done. I may not like what you have written of me and my family but you've been there for me and guided me through a lot." Eloise sighed. 

"I may not been as friendly as I have been and I may not have a way with words." Eloise chuckled nervously as Penelope wiped her tears. 

"Thank you El." Penelope smiled through the tears she wiped away. "Always Pen but I must go before my mother realizes I'm gone." Eloise smiled as she hugged the young lady. Penelope sniffed as she hugged her back and smiled at her. 

Not long after Eloise's departure one of the servants have entered the room and announced Cressida's arrival and was waiting in the drawing room. As Penelope made her way down to the room she was met with a smirk from Cressida. 

"Cressida?" Penelope questioned. 

"Penelope. I have found your secret and I have told Ms. Kate Sharma of it. The nasty little things you have said about the Ton." Cressida looked at the young lady. 

"Cressida. What do you want?" Penelope asked as she glared at the tall lady. "Well I have to admit that Kate was indeed flabbergasted." Cressida chuckled. "I want to leave London. Or well the Ton entirely."  Cressida sighed. 

"Ms. Featherington. Another guest has arrived." The servant bowed. Kate entered the room with the two. "Cressida? I wasn't expecting you to be here." Kate said as she looked at the other accusingly. "Well I was merely having a chat with Penelope here." She snapped. 

"I have heard what you said to Penelope. I wouldn't suggest she leave the Ton." Kate argued.

"Well she must if everyone were to keep their dignity." Cressida faked laughed. "Ladies?" Lady Feathering entered the room noticing that the drawing room doors were wide opened. 

"Lady Featherington." Kate bowed at her presence acknowledging the confusion on her face. "Cressida here was just leaving. I hear she's moving with her family soon. So she must start packing soon." Kate looked between Portia and Cressida. 

Defeated Cressida walked out with a huff and bumped into the Penelope on purpose. With a frown Kate witnessed the interaction. "What was that about Penelope." Her mother asked her as Penelope turned to look at her mother. 

Kate stood there in silence as she admire the way the young lady handled the situation. Her beauty and grace about it all. The dress she was wearing didn't go unnoticed as well. As Kate blocked out the whole conversation that Penelope was having with her mother as she stood there until she heard her name. 

"Ms. Sharma. If I may but why did you defend my daughter?" Portia looked at the other. Kate snapped out of her thoughts as she quickly looked at the older woman. "Surely you don't want to be acquainted with such actions. Unless you love her." Portia nervously chuckled. 

A blush grew on Kate's cheeks as she stared too long at Penelope's mother. Portia wide eyed looked back at her. "You do?" She asked almost quietly. 

Penelope who was also shocked looked at her. No wonder why Kate was always around the Featherington household. The way she stuck to Penelope's side when other men were to try and dance with the younger woman at balls. With a sigh Kate looked at Penelope and smiled sadly. 

"I have found your daughter fascinating with everything she does. She has caught my eye at the first ball I had attended with my sister. So, if it is safe to say. I do love your daughter. I love her with all my heart. But if she does not return my feelings I will be on my way." Kate unknowingly took Penelope's hands into hers. 

"Kate. I-I have no words to describe what I feel as of right now." Penelope looked up to her. "I-I do love you." Penelope smiled at her. "I feel like there's a but in there." Kate said as she frowned. 

"Yes, but how are we to come about society with this?" Penelope asked. 

"Well they don't have to know." Kate squeezed her hands. 

Portia watched on as the two were to pour out their hearts to another as she smiled. At last she didn't need to worry about her daughter. She was already protected by none other than Ms. Kate Sharma. 

Requested by: mimi_myrequeen

If not up to what your expectation don't be shy to request another. Or you can request more!