CH 7- ANSHIKA

cherished sweethearts, How are things going for everyone?

This is the updated chapter that you have all been waiting for. Before we go any further, let me to warn you that this chapter has certain triggers, such as physical abuse from family members. It was a glimpse into the past, so perhaps you can handle it. If this is too much, kindly go on.

how are you all doing as well? I am very proud of each and every one of you, and I love you all!

Butterflies, keep swimming!

--------------------------(^///^)---------------------------

सजरा सवेरा मेरे तन बरसे
कजरा अंधेरा तेरी जलती लौ

CHAPTER- 7 ANSHIKA

FLASHBACK-

While the bustle in the restaurant hummed in the background, the waiters were rushing here and there to respond to tables for their individual orders. For Anshika, it's like a song these days; she can't get the background chatter to stop. Perhaps it was all a result of the stressful events she had to go through, but for the time being, it brings her comfort. She has discovered that she is afraid of quiet when she is with someone. The 11-year-old Anshika believes that if she is alone with someone and there is quiet, that person may discover all of her secrets, all of her wounds, all of her falsehoods, and her whole essence. She is afraid of herself and wonders how things got to be so awful, fearing every breath she takes.

On a Sunday evening, she and her entire family were dining at a restaurant. She was ecstatic to learn that they were all heading out today. She assumed that since it was her birthday, they were all going out. Yes, Anshika is eleven today, and nobody in the family thinks to wish her happy birthday. She kept telling herself that perhaps they were playing or that they were surprise her, but deep down she knew that nobody cared about her and that her parents couldn't use her birthdate to remember her. There is no other option, so she will have to grow used to it.

When the dishes were set out on the table, everyone was occupied with enjoying the flavors and spices of the expertly prepared cuisine. The table is adorned with a colorful spread of food, each an exquisite piece of Indian cooking. A savory scent of steaming basmati rice infused with cardamom and saffron permeates the air. Soft and slightly burnt naan bread is tucked into a wicker basket with a side serving of ghee for dipping.

Tender chunks of marinated paneer are simmered in a savory tomato-based sauce and topped with fresh cilantro to create a thick, creamy Paneer Tikka Masala. Next to it, a savory Palak Paneer beckons with its subtle spices and creamy texture, accompanied by soft paneer cheese and spinach.

A serving of mint chutney is served alongside a spicy, scorching Dal Makhani. A vibrant splash of color and texture is added to the table with a tasty Sag Aloo with crispy potatoes and soft spinach.

A cold, creamy yoghurt side dish called raita, topped with coriander and cumin, offers a welcome break from the hearty flavors. Three chutneys (hot mango, creamy cilantro, and tart tamarind) are served with thin, crispy papads.

The table is a veritable kaleidoscope of flavors, scents, and colors, a celebration of the richness and diversity of Indian food. Every meal is a culinary masterpiece, created to satiate the palate and make an impact.

But at this point, Anshika doesn't care about any of that. She is unable to resist, yet she lacks the desire to consume all of the food that is in front of her. She spent the entire day waiting for one want and one single reason—that being to receive her wish. And hope—hope has the power to either create or kill you.

Anshika anticipates hearing her family say "Happy Birthday" in unison when she wakes up early. However, the morning goes by without any conversation about her big day. She attempts to dismiss it, speculating that perhaps they're simply holding out for the ideal opportunity.