𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

authors note: before the story starts, i recommend that you read the intro of the characters to get a hint of who the characters are, thank you if you read it ☺

Scarlette's Pov:

I woke up from my very.... weird dream as I heard my alarm from my phone blaring into my ear, i quickly got up and saw that it was 9:05 am! fuck, I was supposed to meet Bea at 8:30! I was so late! I quickly got up and put on some sweatpants and a green sweater, I put on some jewelry and combed out my hair before going downstairs.

 "Hey mom and dad!" I said to my mom and dad who were making breakfast, "hey kiddo! are you going to eat with Bea today?" my mom said looking at me, Bea is my best friend and has been since we were little, she is the only person that makes me laugh all the time, "yeah mom. I'll be home at about 12 or 1 pm if that's okay with you?" I said putting on my shoes "sure, but stay safe out there, ok?" my dad said as I hugged my mom before hugging my dad "always dad." I said before leaving the house. 

I walked for about 5 minutes until I reached my favorite local coffee shop, and as I looked through the window, I saw Bea, looking down at her phone, worriedly texting me. I sighed in relief that she didn't get up and leave before opening the door of the coffee shop, the bells on top of the door ringing as she looked up and ran towards me frantically, "Scarlette! why are you so late?! I was worried for you!" Bea said shaking me, "I'm so sorry Bea! I overslept!" I said walking to our usual spot in the crowded coffee shop before sitting down.

we ordered our usual coffee and sandwiches before getting into the gossip, "so Scarlette, how's your love life? still single?" bea said as I chuckled at her curiosity "yep, still single." I said looking at her cheeky smile "awhh... that's a bummer, I wanted to hear some relationship drama." Bea whined frowning as the waiter handed us our food, "thanks." I said looking at the waiter with a smile as he smiled at me before winking and walking away, "girl what if he likes you?" Bea teased, giggling as I playfully slapped her arm "no, he doesn't! now eat your food!" I said to her before laughing.

after we ate our food, we talked and gossiped for a long time, "hey scarlette, what are you going to do for summer vacation?" Bea said excitedly, "hmm... I don't really know Bea." I said before hearing my ringtone coming from my phone, I picked it up and it was my mom, "wait a minute." I said to Bea before answering my mom's call "hey mom what's up?" I said holding my phone up to my ear, "hey Mija! me and your dad were thinking about going to Hawaii for summer vacation..." my mom said before pausing "with your brothers best friend's family..." she said nervously, she knows I hate Andrew! 

"Mama! you know I hate Andrew!" I answered back frustratedly as she tried to calm me down, "Mija! its only for the summer, be calm!" she said calming me down a bit, "fine mama, I'll be there in 30 minutes." I said before saying goodbye and hanging up the call. me and Bea talked for a while before she had to go, "bye scarlette!" Bea said happily, a smile plastered onto her face as she paid and left the shop, not even giving me a chance to pay, "she always does this..." I said to myself before chuckling. I left the shop and walked the way to my house, it was a calm and peaceful walk with the sun in my eyes as I looked at the buildings, I saw my house and walked inside the gate before opening the door to my house.