chapter 7

Akala ko ay iuuwi nila ako‚ pero dinala nila ako ulit sa loob ng mall. Ang mas worst pa ay tinawagan nila si Dr. Crystal.

What does she have to do with this? We’re not even close!

Ngayon‚ parang nagsisi tuloy sila na tinawagan nila ang doctor. Pagdating niya kasi ay diretso niyang binungangaan ang tatlo. I was so shocked with her sudden approach‚ she’s acting like a mother to me— na pinapagalitan ang mga kasama ko dahil lang pinaiyak nila ako.

“Bakit mo naman siya iniwan roon‚ Jeil?” She asked‚ napahilot sa sentido.

Jeil turned to look at Cynthia and Nina, hoping for some reaction, but they refused to meet his eyes. The disbelief on his face showed exactly how stunned we all were by what happened earlier.

The doctor shouldn’t be meddling here anymore. Why is she acting like she’s close to us? Hindi ko na tuloy alam kung anong nangyayari— kung tungkol pa rin ba ito sa nangyari kanina.

“Weren’t you here to protect her?” Doctor Crystal’s brows furrowed‚ clearly disappointed.

“Sinama n’yo na lang sana si Laura‚” she gazed Nina and Cynthia with anger. “Hindi iyong iniwan n’yo siyang mag-isa kay Jeil. How irresponsible!”

“Okay lang ako‚ Doc‚” I interrupted.

Hindi ko gusto ang tabas nh dila niya. Bakit parang mas may alam pa siya kesa sa’min?

Nina took a step forward, her brow furrowing in evident displeasure — she clearly didn’t accept what had been said.

“It is clear that our action was not intentional,“ she stated firmly. “We were genuinely worried. Our intention was deliberate when we left her with Jeil to shop for baby clothes.”

That’s the real  Winiena Madrigal—she really stands on her own feet, never backing down.

Lumingon siya kay Jeil‚ brow arched. “Siya ang may kasalanan.”

Nanlalaki ang mata ni Jeil na itinuro ang sarili. “Ako? Bakit ako? May purpose rin naman ang pag-alis ko ah?!”

Sumabat si Cynthia. “Okay‚ sige nga‚ anong purpose mo?” Panghahamon niya.

Jeil ran his hand through his hair‚ as if showing off. “I aim to spread attractiveness in life.”

Ngumisi siya nang nakakaloko. Agad naman siyang nakatanggap ng malakas na hampas mula kay Cynthia.

Kahit kailan talaga‚ wala siyang sense kausap.

“Look at that, Crystal. He’s really the one at fault,” Nina said while glancing at Cynthia and Jeil, who was arguing.

“What is wrong with you guys?!”

Napahilamos sa mukha si Dr. Crystal dahil sa inis. She seems to be feeling remorseful about her choice to come here. I can’t blame her— they are so chaotic.

“Tama si Nina‚ Ate— I mean‚ Doc‚” sang ayon ni Cynthia.

She swiftly wrapped her arm around Jeil’s neck, locking him in a headlock. He gasped for breath, struggling against her grip, his face turning red with the effort.

“I... I c-cant breathe! S-stop...” tinapik-tapik niya ito sa braso.

Mas lalo lang hinigpitan ni Cynthia ang pagkakaipit niya sa ulo ni Jeil. His face is turning red.

I glanced at Nina, she should be stopping them by now. Why does it seem like she’s just letting them fight?

I was taken aback with amusement as she walked up to them, her face stern and glaring. With a swift motion, she delivered a firm slap to Jeil’s head. I winced with what she did.